Total views : 340
UAV for Surveillance and Environmental Monitoring
An unmanned aerial vehicle is an aircraft with its crew removed and replaced by a computer system and radio link. This paper describes the use of a multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicle which includes a system for real time video transfer, temperature sensing and also a smoke detecting unit. The multi-rotor described in this paper is a quad-rotor, which is capable of flying autonomously and transmitting the collected data in real time along with a video feed. The control of multi-rotor is done using graphic user interface, video is received and recorded on a laptop and the data is displayed over another graphic user interface designed on lab-view software. This multi-rotor with the described set of sensory nodes helped in real time monitoring of environment. The use of these unmanned aerial vehicles can be extended to various other fields such as data collection, object delivery, surveillance, research etc.
Autonomous, Central Node, Environmental Monitoring, GPS, Multi-Rotor, Real-time Video Surveillance, Sensor Nodes, Safety Inspection, Temperature Sensor, UAV.
- Pratik K, et al. Vision based flying robot with sensing devices for multi-purpose application. 2015 IEEE International Conference on. ICIIECS; 2015.
- Cantelli L, et al. Autonomous cooperation between UAV and UGV to improve navigation and environmental monitoring in rough environments. Proceedings 10th International Symposium HUDEM; 2013.
- Kumar S. Santhosh A. Sundar S, Prabhakar MM. The rescue mission with quadcopter by Real time GPS 3D Surveillance. Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 1(5):60–3.
- Andrew S. Automated threat detection for disaster response teams using UAV Platforms. Tufts University.
- Marinescu L-E, Ţapus N. Autonomous quadcopter for noninvasive wildlife surveillance and analysis [Bachelor thesis]. University Politehnica of Bucharest; 2013.
- Irizarry J, Gheisari M, Walker BN. Usability assessment of drone technology as safety inspection tools. Journal of Information Technology in Construction. 2012; 17:194–212.
- Siam M, El Sayed R, El Helw M. On-board multiple target detection and tracking on camera-equipped aerial vehicles. 2012 IEEE International Conference Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO); 2012.
- Garg M, et al. Wireless transmission of GPS values for UAV’s navigation using 802.15. 4b Lan Standard Protocol (Zigbee). Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2014; 13(17).
- Whitehead K, Hugenholtz CH. Remote sensing of the environment with small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UASs), part 1: A review of progress and challenges 1. Journal of Unmanned Vehicle Systems. 2014; 2(3):69–85.
- Ansari AW, et al. ARM based real time video streaming using XBee for perimeter control in defense application. 2014 International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom); 2014.
- Singh R, Choudhury S, Singh B. Wireless disaster monitoring and management system for Dams. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 48:381–6.
- Whitehead K, Hugenholtz CH. Remote sensing of the environment with small unmanned aircraft systems (UASs), part 1: A review of progress and challenges 1. Journal of Unmanned Vehicle Systems. 2014; 2(3):69–85.
- Jinkeun J. Privacy issues of unmanned autonomous system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(24).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.