Total views : 201
Dual Cluster Head Algorithm for Proficient Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks
Objectives: In cluster based algorithms, the group head needs to do the transmission, gathering, aggregation, collection and the timing administration. Due to this the head of the cluster will lose its energy rapidly and another head ought to be found. A new election process creates unwelcome control message movement in that particular network. The main objective is to reduce the number of elections hence the wastage of energy can be minimized. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To reduce the number of election we propose our model Dual Cluster Head Protocol (DCH). The key idea is to have a group head and sub group head, where the work load will be shared between them. The sub head will perform the information gathering and aggregation inside the cluster and it will report just to the main cluster head. The clusters will be managed by the Sub-Cluster Head (SCH) node, but the session management will be carried out by the cluster head. All the outward communications will be carried out by main cluster head; also it relays the information from other heads. Findings: Our algorithm uses lesser amount of control messages than other conventional algorithms since the number of cluster head re-elections is reduced. The performance of the algorithm matches with protocols like LEACH and SEECH. We have used 3 scenarios for testing the protocol; in the first scenario with 100 nodes DCH protocol performed 31% better than SEECH and 86% better than LEACH. In second scenario with 400 nodes DCH protocol performed 6% better than SEECH and 20% better than LEACH. In third scenario with 1000 nodes DCH protocol performed 38% better than LEACH but fell short of 45% when compared with SEECH. Application/Improvements: Right now the algorithm performs well in low and medium density sensor fields. It can be improved to work efficiently in high density sensor fields. The comparison can be made with newer protocols like HEED
Aggregation, Clustering, Dual Cluster Head, Routing.
- Hamidreza Salarian, Kwan-Wu Chin, Fazel Naghdy. An Energy-Efficient Mobile-Sink Path Selection Strategy for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2014 Jun; 63(5):2407–19.
- Ruitao Xie, Xiaohua Jia. Transmission-Efficient Clustering Method for Wireless Sensor Networks Using Compressive Sensing. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2014 Mar; 25(3):806–15.
- Bhawnesh Kumar, Vinit Kumar Sharma. Distance based Cluster Head Selection Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Nov; 57(9):1–5.
- Wendi Rabiner Heinzelman, Anantha Chandrakasan, Hari Balakrishnan. Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks. 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2000 Jan.
- Harneet Kour, Ajay K. Sharma. Hybrid Energy Efficient Distributed Protocol for Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010 Jul; 4(6):1–5.
- Velmani R, Kaarthick B. An Efficient Cluster-Tree Based Data Collection Scheme for Large Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2015 Apr; 15(4): 2377–90.
- Duc Chinh Hoang, Parikshit Yadav, Rajesh Kumar, Sanjib Kumar Panda. Real-Time Implementation of a Harmony Search Algorithm-Based Clustering Protocol for EnergyEfficient Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2014 Feb; 10(1):774–83.
- Fei Yuan, Yiju Zhan, Yonghua Wang. Data Density Correlation Degree Clustering Method for Data Aggregation in WSN. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2014 Apr; 4(14):1089–98.
- Mehdi Tarhani, Yousef S. Kavian, Saman. SEECH: Scalable Energy Efficient Clustering Hierarchy Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2014 Nov; 4(14):3944–54.
- Ankit Thakkar, Ketan Kotecha. Cluster Head Election for Energy and Delay Constraint Applications of Wireless Sensor Network. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2014 Aug; 14(8):2658–64.
- Seema Bandyopadhyay, Edward J Coyle. An Energy Efficient Hierarchical Clustering Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. INFOCOM 2003. Twenty-Second Annual Joint Conferences of the IEEE Computer and Communications. IEEE Societies. 2003 Mar-Apr; 3:1713–23.
- Mohsen Rezvani, Aleksandar Ignjatovic, Elisa Bertino, Sanjay Jha. Secure Data Aggregation Technique for Wireless Sensor Networks in the Presence of Collusion Attacks. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. 2015 Jan-Feb; 12(1):98–110.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.