Total views : 181
A Numerical Study of MHD and Heat Transfer Analysis in a non-Newtonian Eyring-Powell Fluid from an Isothermal Sphere with Thermal Slip
The study of magneto hydrodynamic flow and heat transfer analysis in a non-Newtonian Eyring-Powell fluid fluid past an isothermal sphere with thermal slip. The radiation effects also considered in the energy equation. The governing momentum and energy equations are transformed to nonlinear ordinary differential equations by the use of a nonsimilarity transformation. These equations are solved by numerically subject to physical appropriate boundary conditions using the second order accurate implicit finite difference Keller-box technique. The effects of magnetic field, Eyring-Powell fluid parameter, Prandtl number, Slip parameter on velocity and temperature profiles as well as on the local skin friction coefficient and the local Nusselt number are calculated.
Difference Scheme, Eyring-Powell Fluid, Isothermal Sphere, Kellerbox Finite, Magneto Hydrodynamic.
- Rahman KU, Malik MY, Salahuddin T, Naseer M. Dual stratified mixed convection flow of Eyring-Powell fluid over an inclined stretching cylinder with heat generation/ absorption effect. AIP Advances. 2016; 6:075112. Crossref
- Hayat T, Awais M, Asghar S. Radiative effects in a three dimensional flow of MHD Eyring-Powell fluid. Journal of the Egyptian Mathematical Society. 2013; 21:379–84. Crossref
- Rao AS, Nagendra N, Prasad VR. Heat Transfer in a NonNewtonian Jeffery’s Fluid over a Non-Isothermal Wedge. Procedia Engineering. 2015; 127:775–82. Crossref
- Bhatti MM, Abbas T, Rashid MM, Ali ME, Yang Z. Entropy Generation on MHD Eyring–Powell Nano fluid through a Permeable Stretching Surface. Entropy. 2016; 18:224. Crossref
- Kha NA, Sultan F. On the double diffusive convection flow of Eyring-Powell fluid due to cone through a porous medium with Soret and Dufour effects. AIP advances. 2015; 5:057140. Crossref
- Rao A, Nagendra N. Thermal radiation effects in a nonNewtonian Oldroyd-B Nano fluid from a stretching sheet in a non- Darcy porous medium. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics. 2015; 11(2):45–9.
- Shafieenejad I, Moallemi N, Novinzadeh AB. An analytic approximation of wire coating analysis for third-grade magneto-hydrodynamic flow. Proc. Inst. Mechanical Engineers, Part C: J. Mechanical Engineering Science, 2009; 223:2273–80. Crossref
- Mogi I, Takahashi K, Awaji S, Watanabe K, Motokawa M. Application of magnetic levitation for processing of diamagnetic materials. International Workshop on Materials Analysis and Processing in Magnetic Field, Tallahassee, USA: 2004 Mar 17-19. Crossref
- Powell RE, Eyring H. Mechanism for relaxation theory of viscosity. Nature. 1944; 154:427–8. Crossref
- Islam S, Shah A, Zhou CY, Ali I. Homotopy perturbation analysis of slider bearing with Powell–Eyring fluid. Z. Angew. Math. Phys. 2009; 60:1178–93. Crossref
- Patel M, Timol MG. Numerical treatment of Powell–Eyring fluid flow using the method of asymptotic boundary conditions. Appl. Numer. Math. 2009; 59:2584–92. Crossref
- Malik MY, Khan I, Hussain A, Salahuddin T. Mixed convection flow of MHD Eyring-Powell Nano fluid over a stretching sheet a numerical study. AIP Advances. 2015; 5:117118. Crossref
- Gaffar SA, Prasad VR, Reddy EK. MHD free convection flow of Eyring–Powell fluid from vertical surface in porous media with Hall/ionslip currents and ohmic dissipation. Alexandria Engineering Journal. 2016; 55:875–905 Crossref
- Keller HB. A new difference method for parabolic problems, J. Bramble (Editor), Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations. New York, USA: Academic Press; 1970.
- Cebeci T, Bradshaw P. Physical and Computational Aspects of Convective Heat Transfer. New York: Springer; 1984. Crossref
- Rao AS, Prasad VR, Nagendra N, Reddy NB, Beg OA. Non-Similar Computational Solution for Boundary Layer Flows of Non-Newtonian Fluid from an Inclined Plate with Thermal Slip. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics. 2016; 2:795–807.
- Rao AS, Prasad VR, Nagendra N, Murthy KVN, Reddy NB, Beg OA. Numerical modelling of Non-Similar Mixed Convection Heat Transfer over a Stretching Surface with Slip Conditions. World Journal of Mechanics. 2015; 5:117– 28. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.