Total views : 176
Heat Transfer Enhancements for a Nano Fluid by Turbulent Flow
The purpose of this work is to study the heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics in tube fitted with helical screw louvered rod addition using water and carbon nanotubes (i.e. CNT) with continuous heat flux in turbulent flow condition. Nano fluids 0.1%, 0.2% & 0.5% with volume fraction were prepared. In the work, the swirling flow was presented by using helical screw louvered rod inserts arrangements (forward) inside the inner test tube through numerous ratio of twist, Y = 1.78, 2.44 and 3.0. The Reynolds number differs from 10,000 to 27,500. The work carried out results showed rise in rate of heat transfer of the helical screw louvered rod inserts creates a strong influence on a tape-induced swirl or vortex motion. The heat transfer goes on increasing with a change in the volume concentration. Subsequently, an observed correlation for the friction factor and Nusselt number onward helical louvered rod inserts were established and fitted with the investigational data.
Carbon Nanotube Nano-fluid, Friction Factor, Helical Louvered Rod Inserts, Nusselt Number; Thermal Conductivity, Viscosity.
- Fan A.W, Deng J.J, Nakayama A,Liu W. Parametric study on turbulent heat Transfer and flow characteristics in a circular tube fitted with louvered strip inserts, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.2012..55.p.5205–213.
- Farajollahi B, Gh. Etemad S, Hojjat M. Heat transfer of nanofluids in a shell and tube heat exchanger, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2010.53.p.12–17.
- Amirhossein Zamzamian, Shahin Nasseri Oskouie, Ahmad Doosthoseini, Aliakbar Joneidi,Mohammad Pazouki. Experimental investigation of forced convective heat transfer coefficient in nanofluids of Al2O3/EG and CuO/EG in a double pipe and plate heat exchangers under turbulent flow,Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. 2011.35.p.495–502.
- Bayram Sahin, Gül Gedik Gültekin, Eyuphan Manay, Sendogan Karagoz. Experimental investigation of heat transfer and pressure drop characteristics of Al2O3–water nanofluid, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science.2013.50.p.21–28.
- Bhuiya M M.K, Chowdhury M.S.U, Ahamed J.U, M.J.H.Khan, Sarkar M.A.R, Kalam M.A, Masjuki H.H, Sha habuddin M. Heat transfer performance for turbulent flow through a tube using double helical tape inserts, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer.2012.9.p.818–25.
- Suresh S, Chandrasekar M , ChandraSekhar S. Experimental studies on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics of CuO/water nanofluid under turbulent flow in a helically dimpled tube, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science.2011.35.p. 542–49.
- Abbasian Arani A.A, Amani J. Experimental investigation of diameter effect on heat transfer performance and pressure drop of TiO2–water nanofluid, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. 2013.44.p.520–33.
- Zan Wu, Lei Wang, Bengt Sundén. Pressure drop and convective heat transfer of water and nanofluids in a doublepipe helical heat exchanger, Applied Thermal Engineering.2013.60.p.266–74.
- AdnanM. Hussein, Sharma K.V, Bakar R.A, Kadirgama K.The Effect of Nanofluid Volume Concentration on Heat Transfer and Friction Factor inside a Horizontal Tube, Journal of Nanomaterials. Vol. 2013.
- Sivashanmugam P, Suresh S. Experimental studies on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics of turbulent flow through a circular tube fitted with regularly spaced helical screw-tape inserts, Applied Thermal Engineering.2007.27.p.1311–319.
- Syam Sundar L, Sharma K.V. Heat transfer enhancements of low volume concentration Al2O3 nanofluid and with longitudinal strip inserts in a circular tube, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2010.53.p.4280–286.
- Sivashanmugam P, Suresh S. Experimental studies on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics of turbulent flow through a circular tube fitted with regularly spaced helical screw-tape inserts, Applied Thermal Engineering.2006.26.p.1990–997.
- Kayhani M.H, Soltanzadeh H, Heyhat M.M, Nazari M, Kowsary F. Experimental study of convective heat transfer and pressure drop of TiO2/waternanofluid, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer.2012.39.p.456-62.
- Kannadasan N, Ramanathan K, Suresh S Comparison of heat transfer and pressure drop in horizontal and vertical helically coiled heat exchanger with CuO/water based nanofluids, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science.2012.42.p.64–70.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.