Total views : 205
Numerical Analysis on a Novel Burner Design With Fibonacci Curves
A novel burner design with the use of curves drawn from Fibonacci sequence and golden ratio is proposed in the present work. Numerical simulations have been carried out on two different burner head configurations for a diffusion flame burner. In the normal burner holes are arranged in concentric circles while in the modified burner holes are positioned along the curves determined by Fibonacci sequence. Three dimensional, unsteady, turbulent, reacting flow equations are solved. The results obtain indicate that the fuel spread is more uniform in the Fibonacci sequence burner than a normal burner. Furthermore the fuel spread in a Fibonacci sequence burner is 26.3 % more than the normal burner. Additionally it has also been observed that the burning of the fuel is more uniform in the case of Fibonacci sequence burner. The simulations have to be extended for pre-mixed burners also, which is allotted to future.
Burner Head Design, Combustion, Fibonacci Curve, Numerical Simulation.
- Stonington JF, Beashel G, Murphy T, Junus R, Ashman PJ.and Sergeant SD., Emissions and efficiency of production cook-top burners firing natural gas.Journal of the Institute of Energy.1994; 67(473):143–155.
- Barnes FH, Bromly JH, Edwards TJ and Mandyczewsky R.NOx emission from radiant gas burners. Journal International Energy, 1988; 61: 184–8.
- Dong LL, Cheung CS and Leung CW.Heat transfer characteristics of an impinging butane/air flame jet of low Reynolds number. Experimental Heat Transfer. 2001; 14(4):265–82.
- Hou SS. and Ko YCEffects and efficiency of a domestic gas stove burning natural gas of various compositions. Energy. 2003; 44(19):3001–14.
- Zhao Z, Wong TT, and Leung CW.Impinging premixed butane/air circular laminar flame jet influence of impingement plate on heat transfer characteristics. International Journal Heat Mass Transfer. 2004; 47(23):5021–31.
- Kwok LC, Leung CW and Probert SD.Work design: thermal performance influencing parameters. Applied Energy. 2006; 83(2006):387–400.
- Li HB, Wong TT, Leung CW and Probert SD Thermal performances and CO emissions of gas fored cooker top burners. Applied Energy. 2006; 83(12):1326–38.
- Apinunt Namkahat and Sumrerng Jugjai.The effect of primary air preheat on the primary aeration of a self-aspiration burners. 2010. The First TSME international conference on mechanical engineering. Ubon Ratchathani.
- Hindasageri V, Kuntikana P, Vedula RP and Prabha SV.An experimental and numerical investigation of heat transfer distribution of perforated plate burner flames impinging on a plate.International journal of Thermal sciences, 2015; 94: 156–169.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.