Total views : 166
Optimization Lithium Bromide (LiBr)–Water Absorption Refrigration using Taguchi for Low Capacity
The study attempts to optimize the parameters for LiBr –water absorption refrigeration system using Taguchi. The investigation was carried out to optimize the Coefficient of Performance (COP) for heat removal of 100W. The three factors considered were: Generator Temperature (Tg), Condenser Temperature (Tc), Absorber Temperature (Ta), Evaporator Temperature (Te). at three different levels. The L9 orthogonal array was selected and the best optimum conditions were identified based on Signal to Noise (S/N ratio) ratio, under the clause: larger is the best. The results showed generator temperature contribution is more on COP.
LiBr-H2O, COP, Taguchi.
- Suresh VG. Advances in meso scale thermal management technologies for microelectronics. Microelectronics Journal. 37. p. 1165– 1185.
- Mongia RK., Masahiro K, DiStefanoE, Barry J, Chen W, Izenson M, Possamai FC, Zimmermann A.P. Small scale refrigeration system for electronics cooling within a notebook computer Itherm. 2006. p. 751–758.
- Rao W, Zhou YX, Liu J, Deng ZS, Ma, K.Q, Xiang, S.H.Vapor-Compression Refrigerator Enabled Thermal Management of High Performance Computer. 22nd International Congress of Refrigeration Beijing. 2007 Aug.27th.
- Zhihui Wu, Du R. Design and experimental study of a miniature vapor compression refrigeration system for electronics cooling. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2011; 31:385–90.
- Yu-Ting W, Chong-Fang M, Xiao-Hu Z. Development and experimental investigation of a miniature-scale refrigeration system Energy Conversion and Management.51:81–88.
- Determan MD, Garimella S. Design, fabrication, and experimental demonstration of a microscale monolithic modular absorption heat pump. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2012; 47:119–25.
- Drost K. Mesoscopic Heat-Actuated Heat Pump Development, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Advanced Energy Systems Division (Publication) AES.1999; 39:9–14.
- Kim YJ, Joshi YK, Fedorov AG. An absorption based miniature heat pump system for electronics cooling. International Journal of Refrigeration. 2008; 23–33.
- Chen L, Qin X, Sun F. Model of irreversible finite-heat capacity heat reservoir absorption heat transformer cycle and its application. Proc. IMechE, Part C: Journal Mech.Eng. Sci. 221(12). p . 1643–1651.
- Huang Y, Sun D, Kang Y. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2008; 47:479–85.
- Sun F, Qin X, Chen L, Wu C. Optimization between heating load and entropy-production rate for endoreversible absorption heat-transformers. Applied Energy. 2005; 81(4): 434–48.
- Boer D, Medrano M, Nogues M. Exergy and Structural Analysis of an Absorption Cooling Cycle and the Effect of Efficiency Parameters. International Journal Of Thermodynamics. 2005; 8(4):191–8.
- Berhane HG, Medrano M, Mendes F, Boer D. Optimum heat exchanger area estimation using coefficients of structural bonds: Application to an absorption chiller. International Journal of Refrigeration. 2010;33:529–37.
- Omer Kaynakli, Muhsin Kilic., 2007 Theoretical study on the effect of operating conditions on performance of absorption refrigeration system. Energy Conversion and Management. 48. p. 599–607.
- Florides GA, Kalogirou SA, Tassou SA, Wrobelb LC. Design and construction of a LiBr-Water absorption machine.Energy Conversion and Management.2003; 44(15): 2483–508.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.