Total views : 263
Historical View of Molecular DNA Cryptography for Image Security
Currently, government agencies and semiconductor industries have raised serious concerns about spiteful modifications to the integrated circuits. The function which has added to the circuit known as hardware Trojan. A new field of cryptography named “DNA cryptography” which provides a new hope to identify and overwhelmed the Trojan. This paper contributes an overview of cryptography, DNA cryptography, and how it is pleasant to rectify the Trojan effect.
Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA), DNA Based Cryptography, DNA Digital Coding, Image Security, Trojan.
- Chandra S, Alam SKS, Paisa S, Sanyal G. A Comparison survey of symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography, International Conference on Electronics Communication and Computational Engineering (ICECCE). 2014 Nov; p. 83-93.
- Jacob G, Murugan A. DNA based cryptography an overview and analysis. International Journal of Emerging Science. 2013 Mar; 3(1):36-42.
- Adleman L. Molecular computation of solutions to combinational problems. Science. 1994 Nov; p. 1025-1025.
- Lipton RJ. Using DNA to solve NP-complete problems. Science. 1995; 268(5187):1021-24.
- Boneh D, Dunworth C, Lipton R. Breaking DES using a molecular computer. Proceeding of DIMACS workshop on DNA computing. 1995 Jan; p. 1-15.
- Celland CT, Risca V, Bancroft C. Hiding message in DNA microdots. Nature. 1999 Jun; 399:533-34.
- Gehani A, Labean TH, Reif JH. Springer Berlin Heidelberg: DNA based cryptography. 2004; p. 167-88.
- Leier A, Richter C, Banzhaf W. Cryptography with DNA binary strands. Biosystems. 2000 Jun; 57(1):13-22.
- Chen J. A DNA-based biomolecular cryptography design. Proceedings - IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. 2003 Jun; 3:822-25.
- Lu MX. Symmetric-key cryptosystem with DNA technology. Science in china series information Science. 2007 Jun; 50(3):324-33.
- A method to encrypt information with DNA computing. Date Accessed: 28/09/2008: Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4656718/.
- DNA computing based cryptography. Date Accessed: 16/10/2009: Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5338153/.
- DNA computing and its application to information security field. Date Accessed: 14/08/2009: Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5364229/.
- Xuejia L, Mingxin L, Lei Q, Junsong H, Xinven F. Assymmetric encryption and signature method with DNA technology. Science in china: Information Science. 2010 Mar; 53(3):506-14.
- An architectural framework for encryption and generation of digital signature using DNA cryptography. Date Accessed: 05/03/2014: Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6828061/.
- Cryptanalysis of a chaotic image encryption method. Date Accessed: 26/05/2002.
- Mitra A, Subba Rao YV, Prashna ASRM. A New image encryption approach using combinational permutation techniques. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2006; 1(2):1-5.
- Zhi-Hong G, Pangjun H, Wenjie G. Chaos-based image encryption algorithm. Physics Letters A. 2005 Oct; 346(1-3):153-57.
- Image encryption by using fractional fourier transform and Jigsaw transform in image bit planes. Date Accessed: 01/05/2005: Available from: http://spie.org/Publications/Journal/10.1117/1.1906240.
- Maniccam SS, Bairbakis NG. Image and video encryption using SCAN patterns. Pattern Recognition. 2004 Apr; 37(4):725-37.
- Ozturk I, Sogukpinar I. Analysis and comparison of image encryption algorithm. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering. 2007; 1(3):1-4.
- Techniques for a selective encryption of uncompressed and compressed images. Date Accessed: 09/2002: Available from: http://www.telecom.ulg.ac.be/publi/publications/mvd/acivs2002mvd/.
- Mohammad Ali Bani Younes, Aman Jantan. An image encryption approach using a combination of permutation technique followed by encryption. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2008 Apr; 8(4):1-7.
- Rathod Hiral, Sisodia Mahendra Singh, Sharma Sanjay Kumar. Design and implementation of image encryption algorithm by using block based symmetric transformation algorithm (Hyper Image Encryption algorithm). International Journal of Computer Technology and Electronics Engineering. 2011; 1(3):1-7.
- Rasul Enayatifar, Abdul Hana Abdullah, Isnin Ismail Fauzi. Chaos-based image encryption using a hybrid genetic algorithm and a DNA sequence. Optics and Laser in Engineering. 2014 May; 56:83-93.
- Gupta Ritu, Jain Anchal. A new image encryption algorithm based on DNA approach. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014 Jan; 85(18):1-5.
- Zhang Qiang, Zhou Shihua, Xiaopeng Wei. An efficient approach for DNA fractal-based image encryption. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics and Information Sciences. 2011; 5(3):445-59.
- Saranya MR, Arun K Mohan, Anusudha K. Algorithm for enhanced image security using DNA and genetic algorithm. International Conference on Signal processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy systems (SPICES) (2015).
- Roy Sudipta, Sadhukhan Siddhartha, Sadhu Shayak, Bandyopandhyay SK. A novel approach towards development of hybrid image steganography using DNA sequence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1-7.
- Habibpour Leila, Yousefi Shamim, Lighvan Misa Zolfi, Adhdasi Hadi S. 1D chaos-based image encryption acceleration by using GPU. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.