Total views : 204
Prototype CO2 Heat Pump and their Performance Analysis
Heat pumps are the most promising technologies to reduce global warming emissions and to more rationally use energy. In this experimental investigation Carbon Dioxide (CO2) was used as refrigerant which is available in nature, eco friendly, economical, non toxic, non flammable and non corrosive. It is The performance evaluation of prototype vapor compression heat pump model was performed and evaluated the different parameters such as LMTD (Logarithmic Mean Temperature Difference), COP (Co-efficient of Performance) and heat transfer rate of condenser. This experiment is carried out by varying water mass flow rate, pressure and evaporator fan speed for two condensers of different dimensional specification. The water in the shell side was heated by absorbing heat from refrigerants in the tube side of condensers by counter flow heat exchanging method. The experimental results indicate fairly good COP with the use of CO2. The advantages of CO2 as refrigerant with zero ODP and minimum GWP.
COP, Evaporator, Heat pump, LMTD, Ozone Depletion Potential.
- Steven Brown J, Yongchan Kim and Piotr A. Domanski 2002 Evaluation CO2 as R-22 substitute for Residential Air conditioning. ASHARE Transaction. 108;1–10.
- Belman-Flores J M and Vicente Perez-García 2014 General aspects of carbon dioxide as a refrigerant. Journal of energy South Africa. 25;96–106.
- Alberto Cavallini Italy-European Seminar – CO2 as a refrigerant Properties of co2 as a refrigerant.
- Seiichi Yamaguchi, Daisuke Kato, Kiyoshi Saito and Sunao Kawai. 2011. Development and validation of static simulation model for CO2 heat pump. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 54;1896–1906.
- Fornasieri E, Girotto S and Minetto S -2008 8th IIR Gustav Lorentzen Conference on Natural Working Fluids CO2 heat pump for domestic hot water.
- Jahar Sarkar. 2010 Journal of Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering . Review on Cycle Modifications of Transcritical CO2 Refrigeration and Heat Pump Systems. Journal of Advanced Research in Mechanical Engineering.2010; 1(1):22-29. 2010/Iss.1 page no 22–29.
- Raisul Islam M. ,. Sumathy K ,. Gong J. Samee Ullah Khan 2012 Performance study on solar assisted heat pump water heater using CO2 in a transcritical cycle. International Conference on Renewable Energies and Power Quality (ICREPQ’12) Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.