Total views : 238
Rayleigh-Benard Attractor for OFDM
Objectives: Emerging trends in non-linearity has resulted in “Strange Attractors” which is highly chaotic in nature. In this paper the strange attractor – chaotic signal is being applied on the Orthogonal Frequency Divisional Multiplexing (OFDM) system and its performance is measured. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The work is divided into two parts– generation of the strange attractor, application of the attractor on the OFDM System. After generating strange attractor from Rayleigh-Bernard System, it is utilized by OFDM with different modulation techniques such as 16-QAM, 64-QAM and QPSK. A chaotic signal in OFDM transmission is seems to be rare combination for secured communication and that gains the novelty in this paper by applying strange attractors to OFDM technique. Findings: Performance of the Rayleigh Bernard Attractor with OFDM system has been estimated with BER vs Eb/N0 plot and its security has been verified by calculating password decoding time. Application/Improvements: Rayleigh Bernard Attractor for OFDM system helps in the secured transmission and reception of the signal.
Attractors, BER, Chaos, OFDM.
- Raajan NR, Monisha B, Vishnupriya R, Rangarajan N, Jayabhavani GN, Nishanthini C. Chaotic interleaving for secured OFDM. Research Journal of Information Technology. 2015; 5(3):449–55.
- Kumar RR, Sampath A, Indumathi P. Improving security of communication systems using CHAOS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 May; 4(5):561–5.
- Mohammad SP, Gopal SK. A hybrid technique for BER and paper analysis of OFDM systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1–5.
- Manikandan C, Neelamegam P, Divya E. OFDM techniques for MIMO-OFDM System: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(22).
- Weisstein E. Chaos. Available from: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Chaos.html
- Bartle R. Elements of real analysis. 2nd ed. Wiley; 1976.
- Debnath L, Mikusinski P. Introduction to Hilbert spaces with applications. 2nd ed. Academic Press; 1998.
- Chang RW. Synthesis of band limited orthogonal signals for multichannel data transmission. Bell System Technical Journal. 1996 Dec; 45(10):1775–96.
- Salzberg BR. Performance of an efficient parallel data transmission system. IEEE Transaction on Communication Technology. 1967; 15(6):805–13.
- Bingham JAC. Multicarrier modulation for data transmission: An idea whose time has come. IEEE Communications Magazine. 1990 May; 28(5):5–14.
- Cioffi JM. A multicarrier primer. ANSI T1E1.4 Committee Contribution; Boca Raton, FL. 1991 Nov. p. 1–18.
- Weinstein SB, Ebert PM. Data transmission by frequency-division multiplexing using the discrete fourier transform. IEEE Transactions on Communication Technology. 1971 Oct; 19(5):628–34.
- Stott J. The effects of phase noise in COFDM. EBU Technical Review; 1998. p. 1–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.