Total views : 126
Integration and Optimization of Facility Design Considering Replacement Analysis
Objective: Facilities allocation means placing the facility on a specified plan of land keeping in mind the dealers the clients and other aspects. Now facility allocation involves facility structure plan, layout plan and the material organization plan various research work related to facility organization have been published but they are not the latest, and neither are they related to varied aspects. So the main objective of this research is the integration of facility design and replacement analysis. Method: The research study presented here highlights the after effects of application of algorithm on the layout design and its function. Replacement analysis has been kept as the basis of the new flexible layout design system. This paper has outlined the overall development, major algorithms are described in detail and this paper has also detailed the computer based system. This paper also highlights the varied approach of incorporating flexibility in the designs of the layout. Findings: The developed algorithm, computer based system and flexibility in the design of the layout is highly useful for the researchers and designers. Because while designing a layout, it is necessary to consider the replacement aspect and evaluation aspect, so that the costs handling stays low and replacement in the future remains possible. Application: This research is useful in minimizing the overall cost of material handling and thus gaining best flow pattern.
Facility Planning, Optimization Methods, Plant Layout, Replacement Analysis.
- McLean C, Kibira D. Virtual reality simulation of a mechanical assembly production line. Proceeding of the 2002 Winter Simulation Conference; 2002. p. 1130–7.
- Taha Z, Tahriri F. A classification of different type of facility layout design. Proceeding of Asia pacific Conference on Management of Technology and Technology Entrepreneurship; 2008. p. 1–5.
- Balakrishnan J, Cheng CH. Multi-period planning and uncertainty issues in cellular manufacturing: A review and future directions. European Journal of Operational Research. 2007; 177:281–309.
- Chang-sik, Seong-Hoon. Deciding the optimal operation patterns of steelmaking facilities using a network diagram. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S1): 346–52.
- Huang H. Facility layout using layout modules [PhD thesis]. The Ohio State University; 2003.
- Suh J. Material flow control procedure considering the status information of transporters. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i25/80224.
- Tompkins JA. Facilities planning. New York: John Willey and Son; 2003.
- Hassan M. Layout design in group technology manufacturing. Elsevier International Journal of Production Economics. 1994; 38(2-3):173–88.
- Jang J, Suh J, Ferreira P. An AGV routing policy reflecting the current and future state of semiconductor and LCD production lines. International Journal of Production Research. 2001; 39(17):3901–21.
- Jang J, Suh J, Liu CR. A look-ahead routing procedure for machine selection in a highly informative manufacturing system. International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing Systems. 2001; 13(3):287–308.
- Zuhdi A, Taha Z. Simulation model of assembly system design. Proceeding Asia Pacific Conference on Management of Technology and Technology Entrepreneurship; 2008.
- Rieth D, Gerlach S. Planning and controlling of fexible assembly systems for automotive industry. Proceeding of the IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design; Dearborn. 1996 Sep 15–18.
- Jain AK, Mishra PM. Dynamic approach of facility layout considering replacement analysis. International Journal of Science and Research. 2015; 4(5). ISSN (online):2319–7064.
- Jain AK, Mishra PM. Optimum facility design considering flow obstruction. International Journal of Advanced Mechanical Engineering. 2014; 4(7). ISSN: 2250–3234.
- Jain AK, Mishra PM, Khare VK. Facility planning and associate problem: A review. Innovative Systems Design and Engineering. 2013; 4(6). ISSN: 2222-1727 (Paper) ISSN: 2222–2871 (Online).
- Kumar BK, Nagaraju D, Narayanan S. Supply chain coordination models: A literature review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(38). ISSN (Online): 0974–5645.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.