Total views : 172
Thermal Design and Evaluation of Cooling Configuration of Solar Photovoltaic Panel
A review on thermal design and evaluation of cooling configuration of solar Photovoltaic panel by using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) approach has been carried out. The temperature factor has major impact on PV panel efficiency in compare to other atmospheric factors and hence it has been studied. From literature survey it has been observed that, the module temperature of noon hours in a day will be high and cooling configurations has to be undertaken to cool PV panel temperature to the range of 30°C – 35°C (normal operating cell temperature) by using water as cooling medium since increasing temperature will results in reducing the efficiency by decreasing mobility of charge carriers.
- Balamuralikrishnan B, Deepika B, Nagajothi K, Shubaashree S, Subasini PT. Efficiency enhancement of photovoltaic cell. IJAREEIE. 2014; 3(4).
- Moharram KA, Abd-Elhady MS, Kandil HA, EL-Sherif H. Enhancing the performance of photovoltaic panels by water cooling. Ain Shams Engineering Journal. (2013); 4:869-77.
- Du B, Hu E, Kolhe M. Performance analysis of water cooled Concentrated Photovoltaic (CPV) system. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2012; 16:6732-6.
- Tang X, Quan Z, Zhao Y. Experimental investigation of solar panel cooling by a novel micro heat pipe array. Energy and Power Engineering. 2010; 2:171-4.
- Chaniotakis E. Modelling and analysis of water cooled photovoltaics. Msc Engineering Systems and the Environment. 2001.
- Buvaneshwari M, Appels R, Oprins H, Chatterjee U, Francky C, Johan D, Baet K. Thermal effects due to environmental variables in photovoltaic cells. IEEE 38th Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC); Heverlee, Belgium. 2012.
- Gupta S, Anand P, Kakkar S, Kumar S. Performance Study of Photovoltaic-Integrated with Green Roof in Singapore.
- Rai GD. Non-Conventional Energy Sources. Khanna Publishers.
- Hersch P, Zweibel K. Basic Photovoltaic Principles and Methods. Solar Energy Research Institute SERI/SP-2901448; 1982.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.