Total views : 253
Solar Powered Luo Converter for Wiper Motor Application
Objectives: This paper is to design a positive output elementary luo converter whose output can be used to power the wiper motor. Method/Statistical Analysis: The perturb and observe algorithm is used to obtain the maximum power from the solar panel. The positive output luo converter is simulated using MATLAB/Simulink software. Findings: In conventional converters the output voltage increases in arithmetic progression. But, in luo converter the output voltage increases in geometric progression, thus the voltage gain of the converter is enhanced than conventional converters. The output of the luo converter is validated with r-load and motor load. With the help of luo converter, the ripple content in the output can be highly reduced in the output. Applications: Wiper motors are used for applications such as to operate wiper blades in car, automatic parking system, wheel movement in robots etc.
DC-DC Conversion, DC Motor, MPPT Technique, Perturb and Observe Algorithm, Positive Output Luo Converter, Ripple.
- Luo Fang Lin, Ye Hong. Boca Raton, USA: CRC press: Advanced DC/DC Converters. 2004.
- Luo Fang Lin, Ye Hong. Positive output super-lift converters, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2003 January; 18(1):105-13.
- Sheetal W. Dubewar, Patil DR. Comparative study of Photovoltaic Array Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2015 February; 4(02):216-23.
- Yanping Jiao, Luo Fang Lin. An improved sliding mode controller for Positive output luo converter, Industrial Electronics. IECON’09, 35th Annual Conference of IEEE. 2009; p. 195-200.
- Ramash Kumar K, Jeevananthan S. PI Control for Positive Output Elementary Super-lift Luo Converter. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. March 2010; 4:615-20.
- Silpa N, Chitra J. An improved luo converter for high voltage applications. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2014 May; 4(5):262-67.
- Barnabas Paul Glady J. Soft switching of positive output elementary super lift luo converters, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(4):10877-89.
- Dhivya BS, Krishnan V, Arvind R, Ramaprabha R. Design of Power Converters for Solar Fencing system employed in Agriculture. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. 2013 July; 2(7):724-28.
- Prabhakaran N, Surendran Purushothaman. An Efficient Low Cost Wiper System for Autonomous Vehicle. International Journal of Engineerinmg and Technology. 2015 Feb-Mar; 7(1):123-30.
- Hohm DP and Ropp ME. Comparative study of Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithms. Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications. 2002 November; p. 47-62.
- Ramesh Babu A, Raghavendiran TA. Performance Enhancement of High Voltage gain two phase Interleaved Boost Converter using MPPT algorithm. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2014 October; 68(2):360-68.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.