Total views : 264
Power Quality Improvement in a 3ø Distribution System Using Matrix Converter as IUPQC
Objectives: This paper deals with the power system problems like sag, swell and also improve power quality of the three phase system. Methods: Previously many compensating devices were used to improve the power quality of the system. Here the detailed analysis of matrix converter can be used to improve the power quality in the three phase system. Findings: The matrix converter is introduced as the compensating device. The major advantage of matrix converter is the elimination of dc link capacitor. These DC-link Capacitors results in an inefficient compensation of the system. By implementing the new strategy of using matrix converter as IUPQC the power quality is improved efficiently than the conventional methods. Applications: This system is designed for the power quality improvement in the three phase system.
IUPQC, Matrix Converter, Power Quality, UPQC, Voltage Source Converter.
- Khadkikar V, Chandra A. A New Control Philosophy for a Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC) to coordinate Load-reactive Power Demand between Shunt and Series Inverters. IEEE Transon Power Delivery. 2008 Oct; 23(4):2522–34.
- Jindal A, Ghosh A, Joshi A. Interline uniﬁed Power quality conditioner. IEEE Tran on Power Delivery. 2007 Jan; 22(1):364–372.
- dos Santos Raphael J Millnitz, da Cunha Jean Carlo, Mezaroba Marcello. A Simplified control Technique for a dual unified Power quality conditioner. IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics. 2014 Nov; 61(11):5851–60.
- Mangayarkarasi S, Padmavathy N. Enhancing Electric Power Quality Using Dual Unified Power Quality Conditioner. International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics (IJETCSE). 2015 Jan; 12(3):20-26.
- Karanki Srinivas Bhaskar, Geddada Nagesh, Mahesh Mishra K, Kalyan Kumar B. A Modified Three-Phase Four-wire UPQC Topology with Reduced DC-link Voltage Rating. IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics. 2013 Sep; 60(9):3555-66.
- Khadkikar Vinod, Chandra Ambrish. A Novel Structure for Three-Phase Four-Wire Distribution System Utilizing Unified Power Quality Conditioner. IEEE Tran on Industry Application. 2009 Oct; 45(5):1897-1902.
- Byung-Moon Han, Bo-Hyung Cho, Seung-Ki Sul, Jae-Eon Kin. Unified Power Quality Conditioner for Compensating Voltage Interuption. Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology. 2006 Jun; 1(4):503-12.
- Noguchi Toshihiko, Nakatomi Somei, Takeuchi Daisuke. Direct Power Control Based Matrix Converter and its operating Characteristics. IECON 2006 - 32nd Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics. 2016 Nov; p. 1872-77.
- Lee Meng Yeong, Wheeler Patrick, Klumpner Christian. Space-Vector Modulated Multilevel Matrix Converter. IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics. 2010 Oct; 57(10):3385-94.
- Morteiro J, Fernandosilva J, Pinto SF, Palma J. Matrix Converter Based Unified Power Flow Controllers Advanced Direct Power Control. IEEE Trans on Power Delivery. 2011 Jan; 2(1):420–30.
- Power Quality in Power Distribution System. NPTEL Course. Date Accessed: 25/06/2012: Available from: http://nptel.ac.in/courses/108106025/.
- Karpagam J, Nirmal Kumar A, Kumar Chinnaiyan V. Comparision of Modulation Technique for Matrix Converter. IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2010 Apr; 2(2):189-95.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.