Total views : 238
Energy Expenditure Forecasting at Path Generation of Spherical Robots within Multi-Agent System
Background: The present research is relevant due to gathering the experience associated with a practical use of a spherical robot as a chassis for placing the local environmental monitoring equipment and due to the revealed need to use such robots within groups. Therefore, the article is aimed at showing the connections between the parameters of the external environment and kinematic, power and energy characteristics of the spherical robot chassis. Method: The main approaches to the research of the present problem are the methods of the transportation vehicle motion theory which in their turn are based on theoretical mechanics and theoretical physics laws, etc. The methodologies enable to significantly simplify a non-holonomic task associated with a sphere motion and to reach kinetic, power and energy characteristics appropriate for a practical use. Findings: The authors have studied the questions related to the estimation of energy expenditure for the spherical robot motion in an arbitrary path, have offered the concept of energy expenditure chart and shown the principles of using such chart for generation of a path of a spherical robot which operates within a multi-agent system. The approach regarding the generation of energy expenditure chart based on the preliminary area survey using a spherical robot has also been studied in the present article. Improvements: The materials of this article are of a practical value when working on the development of the ground component of multi-component multi-agent systems regardless of the type of the agent chassis.
Controllability, Interaction of a Running Gear with Soil, Local Environmental Monitoring, Mobility, Multi-Agent System, Spherical Robot, Stability, Transport Task, Transportation Vehicle.
- Dobretsov RU, Borisov EG, Kucherenko VI, Bogachev AN, Matrosov SI. Spherical robot as a platform for ecological monitoring. Transport. Transport Infrastructure and Facilities. Ecology. 2015; 3:35–50.
- Chase R, Pandya A. A review of active mechanical driving principles of spherical robots. Robotics. 2012; 1:3–23. DOI: 10.3390/robotics1010003.
- Sheng Z, Xiang F, Shouqiang Z, Kai D. Kinetic model for a spherical rolling robot with soft shell in a beeline motion. Journal of Multimedia. 2014 Feb; 9(2):223–9. DOI: 10.4304/jmm.9.2.223-229.
- Ch Y, Guo S, Shi L. Hydrodynamic analysis of the spherical underwater robot SUR-II. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. 2013; 10(247):1–12. DOI: 10.5772/56524.
- ROSPHERE spherical robot. 2013. 2016. Available from: http://www.prorobot.ru/09/ROSPHERE_shar.php
- Hernandez JD, Barrientos J, del Cerro J, Barrientos A, Sanz D. Moisture measurement in crops using spherical robots. Industrial Robot: An International Journal. 2013; 40:59–66. DOI: 10.1108/01439911311294255.
- GroundBot. 2016. Available from: http://www.rotundus.se/
- 2016. Available from: http://www.unusuallocomotion.com/medias/images/thisthe-sphere-robot-1993.jpg?fx=r_900_900
- Gigantic Robotic Ball. 2016. Available from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/daikiki/3596965040/
- Hopping Robots (RATS). 2016. Available from: http://www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu/projects/rats/
- MorpHex MK-II in Action! 2014. 2016. Available from: http://blog.trossenrobotics.com/2014/03/19/morphex-mk-ii-in-action/
- Ocampo-Jimenez J, Munoz-Melendez A, Rodriguez-Gomez G. Extending a spherical robot for dealing with irregular surfaces: A sea urchin-like robot. Advanced Robotics. 2014; 28(22):1475–85. DOI: 10.1080/01691864.2014.968615.
- Fujioka J, Nakamura S, Seki H. Development and control of all direction jumping and rolling spherical robot. Transactions of the JSME (in Japanese). Dynamics and Control, Robotics and Mechatronics. 2016; 82(833):1–15. DOI: 10.1299/transjsme.15-00146.
- Gajbhiye S, Banavar RN. Geometric modeling and local controllability of a spherical mobile robot actuated by an internal pendulum. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. 2016; 26(11):2436–54. DOI: 10.1002/rnc.3457.
- Li T, Wang Z, Ji Z. Dynamic modeling and simulation of the internal- and external-driven spherical robot. Journal of Aerospace Engineering. 2012; 25(4):636–40. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)AS.1943-5525.0000158.
- Hogan F, Forbes J, Barfoot T. Rolling stability of a power-generating tumbleweed rover. Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets. 2014; 51(6):1895–906. DOI: 10.2514/1.A32883.
- Karavaev YL, Kilin AA. The dynamics and control of a spherical robot with an internal omniwheel platform. Regular and Chaotic Dynamics. 2015 Mar; 20(2):134–52. DOI: 10.1134/S1560354715020033.
- Chen WH, Chen ChP, Yu WSh, Lin ChH, Lin PCh. Design and implementation of an omnidirectional spherical robot omnicron. Mechanism and Machine Theory. 2013 Oct; 68:35–48. DOI: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2013.04.012.
- Dobretsov RU, Borisov EG, Matrosov SI. About selection of the drive type for a spherical robot. Transport. Transport Infrastructure and Facilities. Ecology. 2016; 2:17–29.
- Borisov EG, Dobretsov RU, Matrosov SI. About the ground multi-agent system based on the group of spherical robots. Proceedings of the International Science and Technology Conference Transport and Transport-Technological Systems; Tyumen: TyumGNGU. 2016. p. 32–7.
- Avotin EV, Dobretsov RU. Automation control of transportation vehicles: Study guides for universities and colleges majoring in “Automotive and Tractor Industry”. Saint Petersburg: State Polytechnical University Press; 2013.
- Dobretsov RU, Vasilyev IV. Force and power balance of a spherical running gear. Proceedings of the International Forum Science Week, Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University. The Institute of Energy and Transport Systems. Part I. Saint Petersburg: State Polytechnical University Press; 2015. p. 30–3.
- Avotin EV, Dobretsov RU, Matrosov SI. Adaptive chassis of spherical robots. Scientific and Technical Reports. Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University. Ser: Science and Education. 2013; 3(178):230–7.
- Dobretsov RU. Regarding the question of a theoretical evaluation of performance characteristics of the track-type vehicle chassis. Scientific and Technical Reports. Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Ser: Science and Education. 2011; 3:98–103.
- Avotin EV, Dobretsov RU. Methods of calculation of energy expenditure for the wheeled vehicles. Scientific and Technical Reports. Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University. Ser.: Science and Education. 2012; 4(159):168–72.
- Avotin EV, Dobretsov RU. Calculation methods of normal pressure on the ground contacting area of track of the transportation vehicle. Scientific and Technical Reports. Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University. Ser: Science and Education. 2011; 3:103–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.