Total views : 190
Method of Image Channel Suppression with Digital Orthogonal Finite Impulse Response Filters in Software Defined Radio
Background/Objectives: The objective of this study is to develop the architecture of software defined receiver featuring high noise resistance and to find a possibility for full suppression of the image channel. Methods: The principal approach to the investigation of this problem is represented by the application of mathematical simulation that makes it possible to comprehensively consider the possibility of employing digital orthogonal Finite Impulse Response filters (FIR filters) for image channel suppression. Findings: The study presents the methodology of the image channel phase suppression with digital orthogonal FIR filters and the results of its application in the implementation of software defined radio. Applications/Improvements: The materials of the study will be of practical value for the designers of the software defined radio equipment.
Digital Filter, Image Channel, Orthogonal FIR Filter, Passband, Software Defined Radio.
- Cruz P, Gomes H, Carvalho N. Receiver front-end architectures - Analysis and evaluation. In: Moumita Mukherjee, Editor. Advanced Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technologies Semiconductor Devices Circuits and Systems. 2010. Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/advanced-microwave-and-millimeter-wave-technologies-semiconductordevices-circuits-and-systems/receiver-front-end-architectures-analysis-and-evaluation
- Razavi B. Design considerations for direct-conversion receivers. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing. 1997 Jun; 44(6).
- Idachaba FE, Orovwode HE. Analysis of a weaver, hartley and saw-filter based, image rejects architectures for radio receiver design. Advanced Materials Research. 2012; 367: 199-204. Available from: www.scientific.net/AMR.367.199.
- Pun K-P, Epifanio da Franca J, Azeredo-Leme C. Circuit design for wireless communications. Springer-Science Business Media B.V.; 2003. p. 9-38. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4757-3737-0
- Saha SK, Dutta R, Choudhury R, Kar R, Mandal D, Ghoshal SP. Efficient and accurate optimal linear phase FIR filter design using opposition-based harmony search algorithm. The Scientific World Journal. 2013. DOI:10.1155/2013/320489
- Karpenkov AS, Grishanovich YuV, Potekhin DS, Teterin YeP. Methodology for calculating the integer-value digital selector non-recursive filter with preset figure of merit and level of suppression. Bulletin of Nizhniy Novgorod University named after N.I. Lobachevskiy. 2009; 6 (1):79-85.
- Ishutkin YuM, Uvarov VK. Foundations of modulation transformations of acoustical signals. Monograph. Saint Petersburg: SPbGUKT; 2004.
- Priya A, Rajesh N, Muthaiah R. Carrier synchronization in software defined radio using costas loop. IJST. 2013 Jun.
- Ponnusamy V, Kasthuri BJ, Mayuri BR. Game Theory based Hybrid Cognitive Radio Transmission. IJST. 2016; 9(20).
- Pati YC, Rezaiifar R, Krishnaprasad PS. Orthogonal matching pursuit: Recursive function approximation with applications to wavelet decomposition. Proceedings of the 27th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers; 1993 1-3 Nov. p. 40–4.
- Dillinger M, Madani K, Alonistioti N. Software Defined Radio: Architectures, Systems, and Functions. Wiley; 2003.
- Karpenkov AS. Software defined radio. Spectral signal processing. Saarbruken, Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Karpenkov AS. Implementing prospective algorithms of software defined radio based on PLD Xilinx. Proceedings of the Regional Scientific Research Conference Signal Processing Systems based on PLD and Digital Signal Processors; Altay State University; Barnaul Special Design Institute Vostok. Moscow, Barnaul. 2011 May.
- Karpenkov AS. Open source software defined radio. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference “Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics” (PCI 2012); 2012 Sep 12-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.