Total views : 146
Assessment of Post Annealing on Magnetic Properties of Co Doped In2O3 in Hydrogen Atmosphere using Cluster Analysis
Objective: Multivariate statistical analysis viz. Cluster Analysis (CA) was performed to validate the experimental findings. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The (In0.955CO0.045)2O3 samples were concocted by the typical solid state reaction route. The resulting materials were pelletized and sintered in hydrogen atmosphere. Subsequently, hydrogenated pallets were dehydrogenated by further heating for 7h in air. The samples were thoroughly characterized using X-ray diffraction. FULLPROF Program is used to refine the crystalline structures. Magnetic hysteresis loops were evaluated using Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM) at room temperature. Hierarchical CA was accomplished on the normalized data set (samples) by means of the Ward's method, using Euclidean distances as a measure of similarity. Findings: The X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) study confirmed the formation of cubic bixbyite structure for In2O3, In0.955CO0.045)2O3 and In0.955CO0.045)2O3:H samples. The magnetic study at Room Temperature (RT) confirms that pure In2O3
Cluster Analysis, Hydrogen, In2O3, Magnetic Properties, Post-Annealing.
- Wolf SA, Awschalom DD, Buhrman RA, Daughton JM, Von Molnar S, Roukes ML, Chtchelkanova AY, Treger DM. Spintronics: A spin-based electronics vision for the future. Science. 2001 Nov 16; 294(5546):1488-95. Crossref PMid:11711666
- Sarma SD, Fabian J, Hu X, Žutic I. Spin electronics and spin computation. Solid State Communications. 2001 Jul 25; 119(4):207-15. Crossref
- Yan HL, Zhong XL, Wang JB, Xu JQ, Yu BH. Evolution of local structure and room temperature ferromagnetism in Co-doped ZnO nanorods. Scripta Materialia. 2012 Mar 31; 66(5):304-6. Crossref
- Iqbal J, Janjua RA, Jan T. Structural, optical and magnetic properties of Co-doped ZnO nanoparticles prepared via a wet chemical route. International Journal of Modern Physics B. 2014 Oct 10; 28(25):1450158. Crossref
- Xiao ZR, Fan XF, Guan LX, Huan CH, Kuo JL, Wang L. First-principles study of the magnetization of oxygendepleted In2O3 (001) surfaces. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. 2009 Jun 4; 21(27):272202. Crossref PMid:21828483
- Wu K, Gu S, Tang K, Zhu S, Zhou M, Huang Y, Xu M, Zhang R, Zheng Y. Ferromagnetism induced by oxygen-vacancy complex in (Mn, in) codoped ZnO. Physica B: Condensed Matter. 2012 Jul 1; 407(13):2429-33. Crossref
- Babu SH, Kaleemulla S, Rao NM, Krishnamoorthi C. Indium oxide: A transparent, conducting ferromagnetic semiconductor for spintronic applications. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2016 Oct 15; 416:6674. Crossref
- Mukherji R, Mathur V, Samariya A, Mukherji M. Review on transition metal doped In2O3 based diluted magnetic semiconductors. The IUP Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. 2016 Oct; 4(1):16-31.
- NINA B. Room temperature ferromagnetism study of TiO2 based magnetic semiconductors by pulsed laser deposition [Doctoral dissertation].
- Manivannan A, Glaspell G, Dutta P, Seehra MS. Nature of the reversible paramagnetism to ferromagnetism state in cobalt-doped titanium dioxide. Journal of Applied Physics. 2005 May 15; 97(10):10D325.
- Dietl T, Ohno H, Matsukura F, Cibert J, Ferrand D. Zener model description of ferromagnetism in zincblende magnetic semiconductors. Science. 2000 Feb 11; 287(5455):1019-22. Crossref PMid:10669409
- Xu XH, et al. Carrier-induced ferromagnetism in n-type ZnMnAlO and ZnCoAlO thin films at room temperature. New Journal of Physics. 2006; 8(8):135. Crossref
- Gandhi V, Ganesan R, Abdul Rahman Syedahamed HH, Thaiyan M. Effect of cobalt doping on structural, optical and magnetic properties of ZnO nanoparticles synthesized by co-precipitation method. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 2014 Apr 24; 118(18):9715-25. Crossref
- Thakare VP, Game OS, Ogale SB. Ferromagnetism in metal oxide systems: interfaces, dopants and defects. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 2013; 1(8):1545-57. Crossref
- Zhang F, Chao D, Cui H, Zhang W, Zhang W. Electronic structure and magnetism of Mn-Doped ZnO nanowires. Nanomaterials. 2015 May 27; 5(2):885-94. Crossref PMid:28347042 PMCid:PMC5312896
- Straumal BB, Protasova SG, Mazilkin AA, Schutz G, Goering E, Baretzky B, Straumal PB. Ferromagnetism of zinc oxide nanograined films. Jetp Letters. 2013 May 1; 97(6):367-77. Crossref
- Akilan T, Srinivasan N, Saravanan R, Chowdury P. Structure of vanadium-doped zinc oxide, Zn1–XVxO. Materials and Manufacturing Processes. 2014 Jul 3; 29(7):780-8. Crossref
- El Ghoul J. Synthesis, structural and optical properties of nanoparticles (Al, V) co-doped zinc oxide. Bulletin of Materials Science. 2016 Feb 1; 39(1):7-12. Crossref
- Ogale SB, Choudhary RJ, Buban JP, Lofland SE, Shinde SR, Kale SN, Kulkarni VN, Higgins J, Lanci C, Simpson JR, Browning ND. High temperature ferromagnetism with a giant magnetic moment in transparent co-doped SnO2− δ. Physical Review Letters. 2003 Aug 15; 91(7):077205. Crossref PMid:12935053
- Fitzgerald CB, Venkatesan M, Douvalis AP, Huber S, Coey JM, Bakas T. SnO2 doped with Mn, Fe or Co: room temperature dilute magnetic semiconductors. Journal of Applied Physics. 2004 Jun 1; 95(11):7390-2. Crossref
- Coey JM, Douvalis AP, Fitzgerald CB, Venkatesan M. Ferromagnetism in Fe-doped SnO2 thin films. Appl Phys Lett. 2004 Jan 16. Crossref
- Philip J, Punnoose A, Kim BI, Reddy KM, Layne S, Holmes JO, Satpati B, Leclair PR, Santos TS, Moodera JS. Carrier-controlled ferromagnetism in transparent oxide semiconductors. Nature Materials. 2006 Apr 1; 5(4):298304. Crossref
- He J, Xu S, Yoo YK, Xue Q, Lee HC, Cheng S, Xiang XD, Dionne GF, Takeuchi I. Room temperature ferromagnetic n-type semiconductor in (In1-xFex)2O3-s. Applied Physics Letters. 2005; 86(5):52503. Crossref
- Xu XH, Jiang FX, Zhang J, Fan XC, Wu HS, Gehring GA. Magnetic and transport properties of n-type Fe-doped In2O3 ferromagnetic thin films. Applied Physics Letters. 2009; 94:212510. Crossref
- Singhal RK, Samariya A, Kumar S, Sharma SC, Xing YT, Deshpande UP, Shripathi T, Saitovitch E. A close correlation between induced ferromagnetism and oxygen deficiency in Fe doped In2O3. Applied Surface Science. 2010 Nov 15; 257(3):1053-7. Crossref
- Pooryusef K, Kangarlou H. Effects of temperature on structural properties of indium oxide thin layers produced by CBD method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec 3; 8(35). Crossref
- Ma RR, Jiang FX, Qin XF, Xu XH. Effects of oxygen vacancy and local spin on the ferromagnetic properties of Ni-doped In2O3 powders. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2012 Feb 15; 132(2):796-9. Crossref
- Singhal RK, Samariya A, Xing YT, Kumar S, Dolia SN, Deshpande UP, Shripathi T, Saitovitch EB. Electronic and magnetic properties of Co-doped ZnO diluted magnetic semiconductor. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2010 Apr 30; 496(1):324-30. Crossref
- Rodriguez-Carvajal J. FULLPROF version 3.0. 0. Laboratorie Leon Brillouin, CEA-CNRS. 2003.
- McGarigal K, Cushman SA, Stafford S. Multivariate statistics for wildlife and ecology research. Springer Science and Business Media. 2013 Dec 1.
- McKenna JE. An enhanced cluster analysis program with bootstrap significance testing for ecological community analysis. Environmental Modeling and Software. 2003 Apr 30; 18(3):205-20. Crossref
- JI NK, Das M, Mukherji R, Kumar RN. Assessment of heavy metal pollution in macrophytes, water and sediment of a tropical wetland system using hierarchical cluster analysis technique. J International Environmental Application and Science. 2011; 6(1):149-56.
- Salah EA, Turki AM, Al-Othman EM. Assessment of water quality of Euphrates River using cluster analysis. Journal of Environmental Protection. 2012 Dec 1; 3(12):1269. Crossref
- Mukherji R, Mathur V, Samariya A, Mukherji M. Multivariate analysis of influence of hydrogenation and re-heating on intrinsic magnetization of Co doped ZnO. Journal of Ovonic Research. 2016 Nov-Dec; 12(6):301-7.
- Samariya A, Singhal RK. A study of magnetic and electronic correlations in hydrogen-induced room temperature ferromagnetism in co-doped ZnO. Advances in Applied Research. 2010; 2(1):1-3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.