Total views : 287
Strongly Nonlinear Free Vibration Analysis of Beams using Modified Homotopy Perturbation Method subjected to the Nonlinear Thermal Loads
Objectives: In this study, large amplitude e free vibration behavior of Euler-Bernoulli beam subjected to the nonlinear thermal loads and resting on a Pasternak foundation is investigated. Methods: The Hamilton’s principle is used to derive the beam governing partial differential equation of motion. By implementing the Galerkin’s method and applying the clamped-clamped boundary condition, the partial differential equation is converted to an ordinary nonlinear differential equation. Results: Because of the large coefficient of the nonlinear term, the Modified Homotopy Perturbation Method (MHPM) is used to solve the obtained equation. The effect of nonlinear thermal load on the system nonlinear vibration behavior is studied. Applications: The results show that although increasing the nonlinear thermal load coefficients decreases both linear and nonlinear frequency, but it increases the frequency ratio.
Euler-Bernoulli Beam, Modified Homotopy Perturbation Method, Nonlinear Thermal Load, Pasternak Foundation, Strongly Nonlinear Vibration.
- Krylov NN, Bogoliubov NN. Introduction to nonlinear mechanics. New Jersey: US: Princeton University Press; 1950. p. 106.
- Bogoliubov NN, Mitropolski YA. Asymptotic methods in the theory of non-linear oscillations. 1st ed. New York: Gordon and Breach; 1961 Jan. p. 537.
- Vainberg BR. Problems on asymptotic methods of non-stationary oscillations. 1975. Available from: http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1070/RM1975v030n02ABEH001406/pdf
- Moghaddam NS, Skoracki R, Miller M, Elahinia M, Dean D. Three dimensional printing of stiffness-tuned, nitinol skeletal fixation hardware with an example of mandibular segmental defect repair. Procedia CIRP. 2016 Jul; 49:45–50.
- Toward patient specific long lasting metallic implants for mandibular segmental defects. 2015. Available from: https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=toledo1438616258&disposition=inline
- Nayfeh AH. Introduction to perturbation techniques.1st ed. NY: Wiley-VCH; 2011.
- Murdock JA. Perturbations: Theory and methods. US: Society of Industrial Applied Mathematics; 1999.
- Enhancement of bone implants by substituting nitinol for titanium (Ti-6Al-4V): A modeling comparison. 2014. Available from: http://proceedings.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=2022125
- Esfahani SN, Andani MT, Moghaddam NS, Mirzaeifar R, Elahinia M. Independent tuning of stiffness and toughness of additively manufactured titanium-polymer composites: Simulation, fabrication and experimental studies. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2016 Dec; 238:22–9.
- He JH. Homotopy perturbation technique. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. 1999 Aug; 178(3-4):257–62.
- He JH. A coupling method of a homotopy technique and a perturbation technique for non-linear problems. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. 2000 Jan; 35(1):37–43.
- He JH. Addendum: New interpretation of homotopy perturbation method. International Journal of Modern Physics B. 2006 Jun; 20(18):2561–8.
- He JH. A new perturbation technique which is also valid for large parameters. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2000 Feb; 229(5):1257–63.
- A theoretical and experimental investigation on large amplitude free vibration behavior of a pretensioned beam with clamped–clamped ends using modified homotopy perturbation method. 2015. Available from: http://pic.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/04/14/0954406215580663.abstract
- Malekzadeh P, Vosoughi A. DQM large amplitude vibration of composite beams on nonlinear elastic foundations with restrained edges. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation. 2009; 14(3):906–15.
- Alexander J, Augustine BS. Free vibration and damping characteristics of GFRP and BFRP laminated composites at various boundary conditions. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(12):1–7.
- Akbarzade M, Khan Y. Dynamic model of large amplitude non-linear oscillations arising in the structural engineering: Analytical solutions. Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2012 Feb; 55(3-4):480–9.
- Qian Q, Wang L, Ni Q. Instability of simply supported pipes conveying fluid under thermal loads. Mechanics Research Communications. 2009 Apr; 36(3):413–7.
- Sedighi HM, Reza A, Zare J. Study on the frequency amplitude relation of beam vibration. International Journal of Physical Sciences. 2011 Dec; 6(36):8051–6.
- Cheung Y, Chen S, Lau S. A modified Lindstedt-Poincare method for certain strongly non-linear oscillators. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. 1991; 26(3-4):367–78.
- He JH. Modified Lindstedt–Poincare methods for some strongly non-linear oscillations: Part I: Expansion of a constant. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics. 2002 Mar; 37(2):309–14.
- Variational iteration method to duffing equation. 1999. Available from: http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJFDTOTAL-JSWL902.001.htm
- Azrar L, Benamar R, White R. Semi-analytical approach to the non-linear dynamic response problem of S–S and C–C beams at large vibration amplitudes part I: General theory and application to the single mode approach to free and forced vibration analysis. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 1999 Jul; 224(2):183–207.
- Pirbodaghi T, Ahmadian M, Fesanghary M. On the homotopy analysis method for non-linear vibration of beams. Mechanics Research Communications. 2009 Mar; 36(2):143–8.
- Qaisi MI. Application of the harmonic balance principle to the non-linear free vibration of beams. Applied Acoustics.1993; 40(2):141–51.
- Lewandowski R. Application of the Ritz method to the analysis of non-linear free vibrations of beams. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 1987; 114(1):91–101.
- A numerical simulation of the effect of using porous superelastic Nitinol and stiff Titanium fixation hardware on the bone remodeling. 2016. Available from: http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=2523508
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.