Total views : 202
Enhanced Hybrid Algorithm of Secure and Fast Chaos-based, AES, RSA and ElGamal Cryptosystems
Objectives: The principal objective of this paper is to develop an enhanced algorithm of cryptography through the hybridization of existing symmetric and asymmetric encryption. Methods/Analysis: The strength of several prevailing symmetric and asymmetric encryption were utilized in the proposed methodology. ElGamal’s key security based on difficulty of solving discrete logarithm, Chaos-based’s avalanche effect of using multiple keys, RSA’s security based on the difficulty of factorization of large numbers and AES’s S-Box mapping, which makes the encryption complex and unpredictable were adapted. Findings: The strength of security of the proposed hybrid algorithm is tested by the provided examples. It was found out that with the use of different keys in encryption, various ciphertexts were generated. The published public keys using such algorithm also make it infeasible to intrude because of the difficulty of solving discrete logarithm with large prime numbers. Furthermore, the value of the ciphertext of the proposed method is significantly different and, in some cases, larger than that of RSA’s. Applications: With this newly enhanced hybrid algorithm of data encryption, transferring and conveying of data will be much more secured.
AES Algorithm, Cryptography, Data Security, ElGamal Algorithm, RSA Algorithm.
- Dange S, Borde S. VLSI Implementation of image compression and encryption using SPIHT and stream cipher method. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology. 2014 Nov; 2(4):162–9.
- Liu Y, Zhang H, Feng T. Design of an encryption-decryption module oriented for internet information security SOC design. The International of Soft Computing and Software Engineering. 2012 Jul; 2(7):26–36. Crossref
- Ghodke M, Mali N. FPGA Based network security using cryptography. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2016 Mar; 3(3):469–71.
- Bhuvaneshwari M, Thenmozhi S. A VLSI architecture for security based stenographic processor with AES algorithm. International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2016; 1–6.
- Forouzan BA. Data communication and networking. 4thedn. New York: McGraw Hill Inc, 2008.
- Sukhraliya V, Chaudhary S, Solanki S. Encryption and decryption using ASCII values with substitution array approach. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013 Aug; 2(8):3094–7.
- Arora S, Pooja. Enhancing cryptographic security using novel approach based on enhanced-RSA and ElGamal: analysis and comparison. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015 Feb; 112(13):35–9.
- Al-Anie HK, Alia MA, Hnaif AA. E-Voting protocol based on public-key cryptography. International Journal of Network Security and its Applications. 2011 Jul; 3(4):87–98.
- Garg SK. Modified encryption and decryption using symmetric keys at two stages: Algorithm SKG 1.2. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. 2014 Jun; 4(6):778–80.
- Ayushi. A symmetric cryptographic algorithm. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 1(15):1–4. Crossref
- Rejani R, Krishnan DV. Study of symmetric key cryptography algorithms. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology. 2015 Mar; 2(2):45–50.
- Chauhan J, Dedhia N, Kulkarni B. Enhancing data security by using hybrid cryptographic algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology. 2013 May; 2(3):221–8.
- Rajput Y, Naik D, Mane C. An improved cryptographic technique to encrypt text using double encryption. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014 Jan; 86(6):24–8. Crossref
- Bisht N, Singh S. A comparative study of some symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography algorithms. The International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. 2015 Mar; 4(3):1028–31.
- Khare AA, Shukla PB, Silakari SC. Secure and fast chaos based encryption system using digital logic circuit. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security. 2014 May; 6:25–33. Crossref
- Rhee MY. Internet security: cryptographic principles, algorithms and protocols. Hoboken, NJ: J. Wiley, 2003.
- Malhotra M. A new encryption scheme based on enhanced RSA and ElGamal. International Association of Scientific Innovation and Research. 2004; 8(20):138–42.
- Menezes AJ, van Oorschot PC, Vanstone SA. Handbook of applied cryptography. CRC Press, 1997
- Thakkar J. An encryption and decryption more secure elgamal cryptosystem. International Journal of Science Technology and Engineering. 2015 Jun; 1(12):119–27.
- Rivest R, Shamir A, Adleman L, A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems. Communications of the ACM. 1998; 21:120–6. Crossref
- Fujisaki E, Okamoto T, Pointcheval D, Stern J. RSA-OEAP is secure under the RSA assumption. The Journal of the International Association for Cryptology Research [Internet]. 2014; 17(2):21–4.
- Sharma S, Yadav SJ, Sharma P. Modified RSA public key cryptosystem using natural number algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. 2012; 2(8):134–8.
- Parsi K, Sudha S. Data security in cloud computing using RSA algorithm. International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology. 2012 Sep; 1(4):145.
- Kumar A, Jakhar S, Makkar S. Comparative analysis between DES and RSA algorithms International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. 2012 Jul; 2(7):386–91.
- Sunitha K, Prashanth KS. Enhancing privacy in cloud service provider using cryptographic algorithm. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering. 2013 Aug; 12(5):62–4. Crossref 26. Amigo JM, Kocarev L, Szczepanski J. Theory and practice of chaotic cryptography. ELSEVIER. 2007 Feb; 211–6.
- Hashim HR, Neamaa IA. Image encryption and decryption in a modification of ElGamal cryptosystem in MATLAB. The International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research. 2014; 14(2):141–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.