Total views : 218
A Study on the Influence Factor of Traditional Marketplace Sales
Objectives: This study aims to explore theoretical base on such condition and to prepare a fundamental base of future studies. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To analyze factors influencing on the sales of traditional marketplace, survey for empirical studies on traditional market located at the old urban center of capital area where facility modernization implements have conducted. First, the market characteristics was analyzed by conducting a frequency analysis on age of merchant, business period, type of business and business item, after that, the analysis on the statistically significant influences of each variable on the sales has conducted through multiple regression analysis setting monthly sales as an independent variable and quantitative data as a dependent variable. For the dependent variables, quantitative data that can be measured objectively and dummy variable on identifiable nominal scale have utilized. Thus, the factor analysis and reliability analysis that are general research procedure have skipped. Findings: The independent variables putting a statistically significant influence on the independent variable, a sales amount, have shown to be size of store, business period, number of employees, and type of business, and customer staying time, ratio of regular customer, and age of merchant have shown to be statistically insignificant. Among statistically significant variables, the business period variable has shown to be negative (-) influence and remained variables have shown to be positive (+) influence. Especially, the reason that the size of store has shown a high standardization regression coefficient and it has shown to put significant influence on sales can be interpreted, as the demand of merchant to enlarge size of store is the most sensitive assignment to solve. In addition, the reason that business period influences negative effect (-) different from other variables can be understood that it cannot have positive influence on sales at the declined and deteriorated traditional market, and sales of merchants who have entered the market as a second mover is higher. Improvements/Applications: This study has its significance to prepare a base for future studies by analyzing influencing factors on sales of traditional market that were incomplete in previous studies. Through this study, the factors influencing on sales of traditional market, positive (+) and negative (-) effect can be identified, and it can be utilized as the fundamental data to establish political support direction of traditional market.
Influencing Factor, Market Modernization Business, Regression Analysis, Sales, Traditional Market.
- Store management condition research for traditional market and shopping district. Small Enterprise and Market Service: Daejeon; 2014
- Belshaw CS. Traditional exchange and modern market. Prentice-Hall: United States; 1966. p.1264–5.
- Kim HJ, Cho KY, Lee SW. A study on the choice factors and possibility of traditional market – compared to other competing markets based on consumer behavior analyses. Journal of Distribution Research. 2010 Dec; 15(5):81–102.
- Lee JH, Kim KW, Yu JP. A study of activation approaches by the analysis on the problems and success cases of traditional market. The Korean Society for Franchise Management; 2009 Dec. p. 3–29
- Roh SH, Yoon SW, Suh GH. An empirical study on the critical success of recession-resistant and management renovation in the Korea traditional retail market small businessmen. The Korean Small Business Review. 2006 Dec; 28(4):19–44.
- Kim CT, Kim DH. A study on the determinant factors for sales in retail store. The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences. 2013 Nov; 7(2):67–72.
- Kim SM, Ahn JS, Shim CE. Critical factor for sales of department stores – focused on comparison of influence on sales between location and non-location factors. Urban Design Institute of Korea. 2014 Feb; 15(1):55–66.
- Yoon HH, Lee EY. The analysis of factors determining sales growth of traditional market places. The Korea Small Business Review. 2009 Sep; 31(3):55–72.
- Kim HJ, Oh KH. A study of the affecting the management performance elements determining the growth of sales in a traditional market. The Korean Society of Management Consulting. 2011 Jun; 11(2):48–66.
- Shin SM. A quantitative analysis on the sales account of the micro merchants by semimonthly Sunday off system of mega market and its policy implication. Seoul City Research. 2014 Dec; 15(4):123–37.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.