Total views : 232
A Study on the Consulting Service Quality using Kano Model
Objectives: This study was carried out to rearrange and identify the characteristics of the quality elements of Consulting Service and aims to reinforce the competitive advantage after analyzing and improving it. Methods/Statistical Analysis: As for the study method, the consulting service quality elements were arranged by theoretical consideration, adapted Kano model for each service quality factors, and classified them into quality element categories such as Attractive, Must-be, One dimensional, Indifferent and Reverse quality elements. Also, as for the influence of customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction, CS-Coefficient (Customer Satisfaction Coefficient) was utilized to verify the result. Findings: This study reorganized the quality scale based on existing studies regarding consulting service quality, and classified the quality element scales defined by Kano model. In order to find quality awareness element for the competitive creation among the consulting service quality elements, the study adopted Kano model to see how to access to consulting service strategically as follows. First, among the 28 measurement items for the 6-scale elements, there were 3 attractive, 1 must-be, 1 questionable and 23 one-dimensional quality elements, and there were no reverse and indifferent quality elements. Second, the “E-1 (Consultant’s individual interest to customer)” was One-dimensional quality element in Kano analysis, but in Timko’s CS-Coefficient analysis, it was attractive quality element. Third, based on the fact that “E-1(Consultant’s individual interest to customer)” and “R-5 (Securing customer information and company secret)” belongs to attractive quality element, the consulting workers will be able to utilize it as useful information in strategically decision making when improving the service competitiveness. Improvements/Applications: Distinguishing whether or not the subject group has the consulting service experience to examine the group difference is proposed for the future study.
Consulting Service quality, Kano model, Timko’s CS-coefficient, Quality elements, Consulting service competitiveness.
- Park BH, Lee DW, Kim YS. A study on the measuring service quality of management consulting. Quality Management Academic Review. 2005; 33(3):47-58.
- Kano N, Seraku N, Takahashi F. Attractive quality and must-be quality. Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control. 1984; 14(2):39-48.
- Shin SB, Seok BJ. Empirical study on service quality of management consulting and customer satisfaction. Commercial Education Study. 2011; 25(4) .
- Arora R, Stoner C. The effect of perceived service quality and name familiarity on the service selection decision. Journal of Services Marketing. 1996; 10(1):22-34.
- Parasuraman A, Zeithaml VA, Berry LL. SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing. 1988; 64(1):12-40.
- Cronin JJ, Taylor SA. SERVPERF versus SERVQUAL: Reconciling performance-based and perceptions-minus-expectations measurement of service quality. The Journal of Marketing. 1994; 58(1):125-31.
- Cronin JJJ, Taylor SA. Measuring service quality: A re-examination and extension. The Journal of Marketing. 1992:55-68.
- Kim JK. A study on the comparison of service quality measurement models in management consulting and their impact on corporate performance [Doctorate thesis]. Dongmyung University Graduate School; 2012.
- Kim GH, Hwang KS. A study on quality determinants in management consulting. Korean Management Science Review. 2001; 18(1):15-28.
- Yoon SC, Seo HS, Hong SW. A study on the measurement of quality of IT consulting service and User’s satisfaction. Entrue Journal of Information Technology. 2002; 1(1):117-25.
- Park JH, Lee SH. A study on the quality determination factors of the consulting service affecting the customer satisfaction and the repurchase intent: Focused on the ‘Consulting Service of Patent-R&D Link Strategy’. The Korean Society of Management Consulting. 2013; 13(1):25-54.
- Song GY, Roh JH, You YW. Effect of management commitment on perceived consulting quality: Focusing on government supported convergence consulting. Digital Trade Convergence Study. 2013; 13(4):127-35.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.