Total views : 240
The Effects of Circuit Weight Training and Weight Training on Foot Pressure in Healthy Adults
Objectives: This study aims to identify the effects of circuit weight training and weight training on foot pressure. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The 20 young participants were divided into a Circuit Weight Training Group (CWTG) and a Weight Training Group (WTC) with ten participants in each group. A gait analyzer was utilized to assess on plantar pressure of subjects. The plantar pressure of ten spots was measured and analyzed. A paired samples t-test was used before and after the exercise in the CWTG and the WTG. Findings: This study shows the two groups’ changes in plantar pressure after the exercise as compared to before the exercise. The CWTG saw a significant increase in plantar pressure in two of the ten areas (F6, R1) and the WTG saw a significant increase in five of the ten areas (F4, F5, F6, R3, R4). After the four-week exercise program, the WTG’s plantar pressure significantly increased in five of the ten areas of the sole, with a significant increase in the middle foot. The CWTG’s plantar pressure significantly increased in two of the ten areas of the sole, the great toes and the outer areas of the heels. This means that the CWTG’s plantar pressure is closest to the normal movement of plantar pressure. Improvements/Applications: The CWTG exercise method resulted in a normal gait pattern, which had a more positive effect on gait than weight exercise.
Circuit Weight Training, Foot Pressure, Healthy Adults, Normal Gait Pattern, Weight Training.
- Gettman LR, Ayres JJ, Pollock ML, Durstine JL, Grantham W. Physiologic effects on adult men of circuit strength training and jogging. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1979; 60(3):115–20.
- Lim TB. Effects of weight training and circuit training on physique. Body composition and Motor ability in High School Soccer Players. Pusan: Physical Education Major Graduate School of Education, Kyungsung University; 2007.
- Yoo-nam S, Wan-young Y, Chang-kook K. A study on the phased training program development for performance ability improvement of Taekwondo demonstration. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 25(8):1–8.
- Yunjin P, Hyeyoung C, Jaeho Y, Sangseo P, Yonngon S, Sunghwan H, Hyunghun M. Effect of communal task-oriented circuit training on depression and self-efficacy for chronic stroke patients. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 25(8):1–5.
- Sprague K, Reynolds B. The Gold's gym book of body building. Contemporary; 1983.
- Cha. The study of % 1-RM strength and muscular endurance each weight training equipment. Department of Sports Industry, Graduate School of Industry and Information, MokWon University; 2002.
- Kendall. Testing and function with posture and pain. 5th ed. Wolters Kluwer; 2001. p. 31–9.
- Kim. A study on the experience of body image of the pilates performer. Major in Physical Education, Graduate School of Education, Sookmyung Women's University; 2005 9. Pegrum J. Children's yoga. London, UK: Cico Books Limited; 2004.
- Kwon. The effects of 12-week k-bar weight training on the body alignment changes of junior elite athletes. Korean Academy of Kinesiology. 2010; 12(2):45–53.
- Song C. The effect of dance sports on male's and female's high school students' to physical strength. Journal of Coaching Development. 2006; 8(1):89–98.
- Kang. The effects of exercise program on change in curve in girls with mild scoliosis. Seoul: Department of Physical Education, Graduate School of Education, Korea University; 2002.
- Lee SY, Chang JS, Lee MH. The effects of plantar foot pressure and EMG activation of neck, lumbar and low limbs by using carrier during walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics. 2009; 19(2):237–44.
- Orlin MN, McPoil TG. Plantar pressure assessment. Physical Therapy. 2000; 80:399–409.
- Kim. The effect of circuit weight training on the health-related fitness of the climacteric women. The Research Institute of Physical Education and Sports Science. 1997; 15(1):13–22.
- Kim C. Effect of 12 weeks circuit weight training on body composition and health-related physical fitness in the adult with obesity. Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association. 2014; 8(2):75–82.
- Kim S. Influence of weight training and circuit training program participation on body composition and physical fitness. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2002; 17:137–44.
- Kim S, Shim J, Kim S, Namkoong S, Kim H. The effect of superficial trunk muscle exercise and deep trunk muscle exercise on the foot pressure of healthy adults. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2015; 27(3):711–3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.