Total views : 393
A Study on Understanding Social Media users by Segmentation Analysis Focus on South Korea
Objectives: The goal of this research is to search the SNS (Social Networking Service) users after that we classify SNS users by effectiveness of social media marketing and SNS usage. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A total of 235 valid questionnaires were employed for this study. The cluster analysis was used to categorize respondents based on their response toward social media marketing. To identify characteristics of segments, the average of each of components was used. In the next step, a discriminant analysis was employed to investigate whether the groups are properly placed. Finally, The ANOVA was used to differentiate the three clusters. Findings: This study found that SNS users were divided into 3 groups: The cluster 1 was named as ; the cluster 2 was named as ; the cluster 3 as . Improvements/Applications: This study provides useful implication for marketers and a lot of companies to carry out effective Social Networking Service marketing program.
Popularity, Positive Evaluation, SNS Reliability, Social Media, Social Networking Services (SNS), Usage SNS.
- Hsien CH. Interactive digital advertising vs. virtual brand community: Exploratory study of user motivation and social media marketing responses in Taiwan. Journal of Interactive Advertising. 2011; 12(1):44–61.
- Hongwei Y. A cross-cultural study of market mavenism in social media: Exploring young American and Chinese consumers’ viral marketing attitudes, eWOM motives and behavior. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising. 2013; 8(2):102–24.
- Najafi I, Kahani M. E-trust readiness indexes assessment at E-transactions in the context of B2C E-commerce. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–12.
- Gianfranco W, Thurau TH, Sassenberg K, Bornemann D. Does relationship quality matter in E-service? A comparison of online and offline retailing. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 2010; 17(2):130–42.
- Martha GR. A call for creativity in new metrics for liquid media. Journal of Interactive Advertising. 2009; 9(2):3–24.
- Frank M. Integrated marketing communications: From media channels to digital connectivity. Journal of Marketing Communications. 2009; 15(2-3):85–101.
- Bartel SK, Morrison DK. The creativity challenge: Media confluence and its effects on the evolving advertising industry. Journal of Interactive Advertising. 2009; 9(2):84–8.
- Jiyoung C. Shopping on social networking web sites: Attitudes toward real versus virtual items. Journal of Interactive Advertising. 2009; 10(1):77–93.
- Okazaki S. Determinant factors of mobile-based word-of-mouth campaign referral among Japanese adolescents. Psychology and Marketing. 2008; 25(8):714–31.
- Henning-Thurau T, Gwinner KP, Walsh G, Gremler DD. Electronic word-of-mouth via consumer-opinion platforms: What motivates consumers to articulate themselves on the internet? Journal of Interactive Marketing. 2004; 18(1):38–52.
- Reigner C. Word of mouth on the web: The impact of Web 2.0 on consumer purchase decision. Journal of Advertising Research. 2007; 47(4):436–47.
- Cronin JJ, Taylor SA. Measuring service quality: A reexamination and extension. Journal of Marketing. 1992; 56(3):55–68.
- Park JW, Yun SJ, Choe DC. The influence of medical care service quality and image on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention. Journal of the Korea Service Management Society. 2003; 4(1):57–81.
- Brady MK, Cronin JJ. Some new thoughts on conceptualizing perceived service quality: A hierarchical approach. Journal of Marketing. 2001; 65(3):34–49.
- Park DB, Lee HJ, Yoon YS. Understanding the benefit sought by rural tourists and accommodation preferences: A South Korean case. International Journal of Tourism Research. 2014; 16:291–302.
- Gerbing DW, Anderson JC. An updated paradigm for scale development incorporating unidimensionality and its assessment. Journal of Marketing Research. 1988; 25(2):186–92.
- Yergaliyev K, Amrenov A, Kadyrovа B, Esirkepоva K, Orazhanova M. Newspaper headlines as a marker of a language picture of the world. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.