Total views : 265
The Influences of B2B Service Quality on the Relationship Satisfaction, Brand Performance and Relationship Performance - An Application of the IMP Interaction Model
Objectives: This study purpose to identify of B2B (Business to Business) Service Quality on Relationship Satisfaction, Brand Performance and Relationship Performance in B2B environment. Theoretical framework is based on the Interaction Model from IMP Group (1982)1. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Purchasing decision Maker and Influencers, such as IT Staffs and Operators who were provided Hardware devices and Software Solutions for Business Office, were selected as objects of this study. Sample was conducted for 3 months from Oct. 2015, 110 copies from Decision Makers and 225 copies from the IT staffs and Influencers. Exploratory factors analysis, reliability analysis and structural equating model analysis were preceded by SPSS 19.0 and AMOS 19.0. Findings: As result of this study, B2B Service Quality was found positive effect on Brand Performance and Relationship Satisfaction, but not found positive effect on Relationship Performance. On the other hand, Brand Performance was found to have positive effect on Relationship Satisfaction and Relationship Performance. And found positive effect between Relationship Satisfaction and Relationship Performance. In addition, Brand Performance had mediation effect significantly between B2B Service Quality and Relationship-Satisfaction. And also had mediation effect significantly between B2B Service Quality and Relationship-Performance. Finally, Relationship- Satisfaction had significant mediation effect between Brand Performance and Relationship Performance. According to this study results, we found 4 factors of relational exchange are applied in various industry area in B2B and it matches with previous studies by2,3. Improvements/Applications: The limitation of this study were followings, it may be able to utilize future research direction. First, there were no prior concerns about internal decision process in Customer Organization, Second, could not capture for information exchange and adaptation as variables of IMP interaction model. Third, need to study what is process indicator and mediation effect in between B2B Service Quality and Relationship Performance.
B2B Brand Performance, B2B Service Quality, 5-6 Words, IMP Interaction Model, Relationship Performance, Relationship Satisfaction.
- Hakansson H. International marketing and purchasing of industrial goods. An interaction approach. New York; 1982. p. 415.
- Choi JY, Park JY. Relationship between Business to Business Service Quality and Loyalty: An applicable of the IMP Model. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management. 2007; 35(1):124–35.
- Choi JH, Lee HJ, Kang GD. A study on antecedents of relationship in B2B environment: Focusing on export manufacturing corporations. International Commerce and Information Review. 2014; 16(4):3–34.
- Daeyoup K, Jaeyoung K. Business model innovation through value delivery differentiation: Multiple case studies. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1–7.
- Kalafatis SP. Buyer-Seller relationships along channels of distribution. Industrial Marketing Management. 2000; 31(3):215–28.
- Han SL. B2B Marketing: From market sensing to measuring performance. 21st Century Books; 2011.
- Woo YS, Park JM. The influence of service quality on relationship quality in B2B industrial markets. Journal of Marketing Studies. 2014; 22(3):1–20.
- Woo K, Ennew T. Measuring Business-to-Business professional service quality and its consequences. Journal of Business Research. 2005; 58(9):1178–85.
- Metcalf LE, FrearFear CR, Krishnan R. Buyer-seller relationships: An application of the IMP interaction model. European Journal of Marketing. 1992; 26(2):27–46.
- Frambach RT, Lips IW, Gundlach A. Proactive product service strategies: An application in the European health market. Industrial Marketing Management. 1997 Jul; 26(4):341–52.
- Campbell NCG. An interaction approach to organizational buying behavior. Journal of Business Research. 1985 Feb; 13(1):35–48.
- Cannon JP, Perreault WD, Jr. Buyer-seller relationship in business markets, Journal of Marketing Research. 1999 Nov; 36(4):439–60.
- Hallen L, Johanson J, Mohamed NS. Inter firm adaptation in business relationships. Journal of Marketing. 1991 Apr; 55(2):29–37.
- Jung JH, Kim IG. Relationship between brand perception, brand identification, brand emotion and brand loyalty for sport event sponsor company. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):1–7.
- Park WK. A debate of the strategic issues of B2B brand management, 2013 Mar. p. 1–14.
- Morgan RM, Hunt SD. The commitment-trust theory of relationship marketing. Journal of Marketing. 1994 Jul; 58(3):20–38.
- Tellefsen T, Thomas GP. The antecedents and consequences of organizational and personal commitment in business service relationships. Industrial Marketing Management. 2005 Jan; 34(1):23–37.
- Cater T, Cater B. Product and relationship quality influence on customer commitment and loyalty in B2B manufacturing relationships. Industrial Marketing Management. 2010 Nov; 39(8):1321–33.
- Lancastre A, Lages LF. The relationship between buyer and a B2B e-marketplace: Cooperation determinants in an electronic market context. Industrial Marketing Management. 2006 Aug; 35(6):774–89.
- Caceres RC, Paparoidamis NG. Service quality, relationship satisfaction, trust, commitment and Business to Business loyalty. European Journal of Marketing. 1967; 41(7/8):836–67.
- Kang GD, James J. Service quality dimensions: An examination of Gronroos’s service quality model. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal. 2004; 14(4):266–77.
- Venetis KA, Ghauri PN. Service quality and customer retention: Building long-term relationships. European Journal of Marketing. 1967; 38(11-12):1577–98.
- Rauyruen P, Miller KE. Relationship quality as a predictor of B2B customer loyalty. Journal of Business Research. 2007 Jan; 60(1):21–31.
- Berry LL. Cultivating service brand equality. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 2000 Dec; 28(1):128–37.
- Gordon GL, Calantone RJ, Benedetto CAD, Gordon GL, Calantone RJ, Benedetto CAD. Brand equity in the Business‐to‐Business sector: An exploratory study. Journal of Product and Brand Management. 1993; 2(3):4–16.
- McDonald MHB, Chernatony LD, Harris F. Corporate marketing and service brands - Moving beyond the fast-moving consumer goods model. European Journal of Marketing. 2001; 35(3-4):335–52.
- Davis DF. Branding a B2B service: Does a brand differentiate a logistics service provider? Industrial Marketing Management. 2008; 37(2):218–27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.