Total views : 264
Influence of Happiness and Ego-Resilience on Department Satisfaction in College Students
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine the awareness of college students on their own happiness, creativity/personality and ego-resilience, the correlations of the three factors and the influence of creativity/personality and empowerment on happiness. It’s basically meant to shed light on the variables positively affecting the happiness of college students and to give some suggestions on how to boost these variables. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The subjects in this study were 382 randomly selected students at a college located in the city of Busan. A statistical package Statastical Package for the Software Sciences (SPSS) WIN 23.0 was employed, and statistical data on mean, standard deviation and Pearson product-moment correlation coefficients were obtained to determine the happiness, ego-resilience and department satisfaction of the college students. Besides, stepwise multiple regression analysis was made to measure relative influence. Findings: First, the college students took an above-average positive view of their own happiness, ego-resilience and department satisfaction. Second, there were significant positive correlations among their happiness, ego-resilience and department satisfaction. Third, their happiness and ego-resilience could be regarded as the variables to affect their department satisfaction, and happiness was more influential, followed by ego-resilience. Improvements/Applications: The purpose of this study was to examine the happiness, ego-resilience and department satisfaction of college students and the relationships of happiness and ego-resilience, which are usually viewed as positive variables, to department satisfaction in an effort to increase their department satisfaction. It’s basically meant to give some suggestions on how to ensure the successful adjustment of college students to their departments and how to bring positive changes to their lives.
College Students, Department Satisfaction, Ego-Resilience, Happiness, Influence.
- Kim BM, Kim JI, Youn JJ. The application based on creativity/personality education program using a digital curation System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1–7.
- Hwang H-I, Choi H-J, Kim M-J. A Study on kindergarten teachers` optimism, teachers` efficacy and job satisfaction. Journal of Children's Literature and Education. 2012; 13(2): 167–92.
- Seligman MEP. Authentic happiness. New York:Free Press Publication Company;2004.
- Oh Y-J. Analysis of Happiness Mentioned in Picture Books Recommended by Educare Guideline of Standard Educare Curriculum. Journal of Children's Literature and Education. 2009; 10(1):23–44.
- Kim M-J, Kim B-M. Path analysis of the influential factors for the happiness of early childhood teachers. The Journal of Eco Early Childhood Education and Care. 2015; 15(4):99–120.
- Luther SS, Cicchetti D, Becker B. The construct of resilience: A critical evaluation and guidelines for future work. Child Development. 2000; 71(3):543–62.
- Lee H-N, Jeong H-J, Lee K-H, Lee H-J. The Relationship among Stress Perception, Stress Coping, Ego-resilience and Happiness of University Students. Korea Journal of Counseling. 2006; 7(3):701–13.
- Ha H-S. A study of department satisfaction and school satisfaction of undergraduate students [Master’s thesis]. Seoul National University; 2000.
- Seligman MEP, Steen TA, Park N, Peterson C. Positive psychology progress. American Psychologist. 2005; 60(5):410–21.
- Kwon S-M. Positive psychology. Seoul: Hakjisa Publication Company; 2011.
- Argyle M. The psychology of happiness, 2nd (ed)., East Sussex, England: Routledge, 2001.
- Min D-I. The effects of family strengths, school life health and ego-resilience on mental health of adolescents[Doctoral’s Thesis]. Inha University; 2007.
- Atsushi O, Hitoshi N, Shinji N, Motoyuki K. Development and validation of an adolescent resilience scale. Japanese Journal of Counseling Science. 2002; 35:57–65.
- Ha H-S. A study of department satisfaction and school satisfaction of undergraduate students[ Master’s thesis]. Seoul National University; 1999.
- Na D-J, Song J-H, A preliminary study of a major-adjustment program for college students with major-aptitude discrepancy. Journal of Student Life. 1985; 16(2):424–31.
- Diener E. Subjective well-being. Psychological Bulletin. 1984; 95(3):542–75.
- Seligman MEP, Csikszentmihalyi M. Positve psychology. Journal of American Psychological Association. 2000; 55(1):5–14.
- Veorff J, Douvan E, Kulka RA. The inner American. New York: Basic Books Publication Company;1981.
- Myers D. The pursuit of happiness. New York: Avon Books Publication Company; 1992.
- Kim J-J, Kim B-M. Analysis on the types of infant leaders’ images among early childhood teachers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S7): pp.462–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.