Total views : 203
A Study on the Factors Influencing on Young People’s Donation Attitude: A Comparison of School Levels
Objectives: The objectives of this study were to identify the relative impact of the parent-related factors, donation motivation; psychological factors that affect young people’s donation attitude. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, the scales of donation motivation, self-esteem, community spirit, donation attitude were used. SPSS Win 23.0 was used to calculate the descriptive statistics, reliability analyses, correlation analyses, and hierarchical regression analysis. Findings: Gender, school level, and religion affected the students’ donation attitudes, but monthly allowance did not. And donation attitudes were more positive among female than male students and among high school versus middle school students. For both middle and high school students, donation motivation had the greatest effect on their donation attitudes. Improvements/Applications: It will be used to improve young people’s donation attitude by various approaches for different age groups.
Community Spirit, Donation Attitude, Donation Motivation, Self-Esteem, Young People.
- Lee CS, Song KB. A study on the donations and related variables of adolescents. Journal of Digital Policy and Management. 2013; 11(12):725–34.
- Giving Korea 2013. Available from: http://www.bfdata.org/index.php. Date accessed: 07/20/2016.
- Kim JW, Kim YJ. An empirical study on the determinants of donator’s giving behavior to the charitable organization. Korean Management Review. 2008; 37(3):629–58.
- Kim MS. A study on the factors related with adolescents’ donation motive and attitude toward donation, unpublished doctoral dissertation. Hanseo University. 2013
- Han JS. A study on factors affecting sustainable donation behaviors. Unpublished Master’s dissertation, Ehwa Women’s University. 2004.
- Ha HJ. A study on the factors influencing individual donation in Korea. Unpublished Master’s dissertation. Chongju University. 2004.
- Yoo SJ. A study on the determinants of philanthropy: focusing on Seoul citizens. Unpublished Master’s dissertation. Yonsei University. 2001.
- Ryu MH. A study on adolescent consumers’ donation attitude and donation intention. Journal of Korean Home Management Association. 2015; 33(6):97–113.
- Cho SH. Research on the factors that affect donation attitude: centered on the university students. Unpublished Master’s dissertation. Hannam University. 2009.
- Kim KC. Research on the factors that affect donation attitude of the high school students. Unpublished Master’s dissertation. Korea National University of Transportation. 2014
- Kim SB, Ryu B. A study on the mediating effects of reutilization between private donor’s motivation and attitude. Korean Association Of Nonprofit Organization Research. 2012; 11(1):161–90.
- Lee YK, Song YC. A study on the factors affecting donation intentions: focused on the theory of planned behavioral and motive theory. Korean Association for Public Management. 2012; 26(3):189–211.
- Coopersmith S. The antecedents of self-esteem, W. H. Freeman: San Francisco, 1967.
- Mahmoudi A. Influence of adjustment and self-esteem on family environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(4):2633–37.
- Lee BK, Moon YS. A psychological factor affecting motivation and intention to donate: an explanatory study on the relationship between donation and self-compassion. The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations. 2015; 1(107):126–58.
- Salamon LM, Wojciech SS, Anheier HK. The emerging sector. The Johns Hopkins University: US, 1996.
- Lee EJ. A case study on motivation and constraints of corporate product philanthropy. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(18):1–7.
- Kim HS. The effects of consumers’ psychological factors on the donation attitude and behaviors toward charity organizations. Unpublished Master’s dissertation. Chosun University. 2014.
- Shelley L, Polonsky MJ. Do charitable causes need to segment their current donor base on demographic factors? An Australian examination. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing. 2002; 7(1):19–29.
- Cho HI. A study on personal and organizational traits related with volunteer activities in the area of Korea social welfare. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation. Soongsil University. 1991.
- Rosenberg M. Society and the adolescent self-image, Princeton University Press: Princeton, NJ, 1965.
- Choi YA. The effect of community service on the cultivation of the senses of community and participation. Unpublished Master’s Dissertation. Ewha Women’s University. 2005.
- Eun GY. Reflection effects of adolescents’ volunteer services on citizenship. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation. Seoul National University. 2002.
- Ju JJ. Effect of cooperative learning on promoting sense of community in social studies. Unpublished Master’s Dissertation. Seoul National University. 2003.
- Kim YK. A study on factors influencing online donation behavior to charities. Unpublished Master’s Dissertation. Ewha Women’s University. 2003.
- Kim SJ. A study on the factors influencing donating efforts and attitudes toward social welfare organizations. Unpublished Master’s Dissertation. Kkottongnae Hyundo University. 2010.
- Lee YS. A study on the relationship of gifted and general students’ character education experience and social responsibility, donation awareness. Unpublished Master’s Dissertation. Seoul National University of Education. 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.