Total views : 202
On Reduced Computation Cost for Edwards and Extended Twisted Edwards Curves
Background: Scalar multiplication is having the scope for gaining the computational efficiency for Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC). The security strength and effectiveness have been better reported on shorter key lengths. Methods: The Edwards curves are one of the form used in cryptography is showing one of advanced study for generating the more randomness and unpredictability behaviors. The numbers of researchers have shown the significant improvement to solve the same problem on two, four and eight processors and that are contributing the immense contribution in the field of security. Findings: The manuscript solves the Edwards Curves and twisted Edwards Curves problems on four and eight processors based on reduced computation cost from to on four processors and to on 8-processors, respectively. Our generalized computation cost on 8-processors for -bit scalar multiplication is reporting better than the cost for Montgomery Ladder method and for extended twisted Edwards curves on radix-8. Applications: The operation is performing on input scalar which multiplies with point-coordinates on curve, which has accumulated on reduced clock cycles with resistance to the simple side channel attack.
ADDDBL, DLP, ECC, Edwards Curves, Twisted Edwards Curve.
- Diffie W, Hellman ME. New directions in cryptography. IEEE Transaction on Information Theory. 1976 Nov; 22(6):644–54.
- Jarvinen K, Skytta J. Parallelization of high-speed processor for elliptic curve cryptography. IEEE Transaction on VLSI. 2008 Sep; 16(9):1162–75.
- Koblitz N. Elliptic curve cryptosystems. Math Computation. 1987; 48(177):203–9.
- Joppe WB, Marcelo EK, Kleinjung T, Arjen KL, Peter LM. On the security of 1024-bit RSA and 160-bit elliptic curve cryptography. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive; 2009. p. 389.
- Miller VS. Use of elliptic curves in cryptography. Advances in Cryptology. Williams HC, editor, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 1986; 218:417–26.
- Harold ME. A normal form for elliptic curves. Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society. 2007 Jul; 44(3):393–42.
- Daniel JB, Lange T. Faster addition and doubling on elliptic curves. ASIACRYPT 2007. Kurosawa K, editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2007; 4833:29–50.
- Daniel JB, Lange T. Inverted Edwards coordinates. AAECC-17. Boztas S, Lu HF, editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2007; 4851:20–7.
- Daniel JB, Birkner P, Joye M, Lange T, Peters C. Twisted Edwards curves. AFRICACRYPT-2008. VaudenayS, editor, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2008; 5023:389–405.
- Longa P, Miri A. Fast and flexible elliptic curve point arithmetic over prime fields. IEEE Transaction on Computers. 2008 Mar; 57(3):289–302.
- Hisil H, Koon-Ho WK, Carter G, Dawson E. Twisted Edwards curves revisited. Advances in Cryptology. ASIACRYPT 2008. PieprzykJ, editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.2008 Dec; 5350:326–43.
- Bernstein DJ, Lange T. Analysis and optimization of elliptic-curve single scalar multiplication. Contemporary Mathematics; 2000.
- Ebrahim AHA, Reyhani-Masoleh A. New regular radix-8 scheme for elliptic curve scalar multiplication without pre-computation. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2015 Feb; 64(2):438–51.
- Izu T, Takagi T. Fast elliptic curve multiplications with SIMD operations. Information and Communication Security. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2002 Dec; 2513:217–30.
- Peter LM. Speeding the Pollard and elliptic curve methods of factorization. Mathematical Computation. 1987 Jan; 48(177):243–64.
- Baldwin B, Moloney R, Byrne A, McGuire G, Marnane William P. A hardware analysis of twisted Edwards curves for an elliptic curve cryptography. ARC 2009. 5th International Workshop on Applied Reconfigurable Computing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Publications: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2009; 5453:355–61.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.