Total views : 187
Reputation based Proposed Scheme to Ensure Reliable Decision by Fusion Centre
Objectives: Dynamic spectrum access is the promising feature of Cognitive Radio (CR). When Spectrum sensing is executed in a cooperative manner, shadowing and fading get reduced. Therefore, it gives an invitation to security threats. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper elaborates various security hazards in cognitive radio networks (CRN) along with their countermeasures. The paper elucidates the complication of Spectrum Sensing Data Falsification (SSDF) attack. The Primary objective of SSDF attack is to devastate the judgement of Fusion Centre (FC). With the aim to mitigate the influence of adversaries on the judgement given by FC, this paper proposes a scheme based on reputation and trust of cognitive users. Findings: Proposed scheme works on a well-defined strategy that will annihilate the impact of malicious users. In this FC doesn’t possess any knowledge about the number of adversaries and strategy of attack. In order to minimize the influence of adversary, implementation of clusters is considered to be a good idea. Cluster formation takes place according to specified criteria. Encryption on the sensing reports of valid clusters is exercised, with the aim to prevent from attacks such as eavesdropping etc. Parameters such as false positive rate and true detection rate can use to judge the performance of the proposed scheme. Applications/Improvements: SSDF attack is the most dangerous attack and proposed scheme not only mitigates the effect of SSDF attack but also stands strong against other dangerous attacks such as eavesdropping attack.
Cognitive Radio (CR), Cooperative Spectrum Sensing, Reputation, Sensing Data Falsification (SSDF), Spectrum.
- Li J, Feng Z, Wei Z, Feng Z, Zhang P. Security management based on trust determination in cognitive radio networks, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Processing,2014;(48),pp.1-16.
- Idoudi H, Daimi K, Saed M. Security Challenges in Cognitive Radio Networks, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering ,2014;1,pp.1-7.
- Xiao H, Yang K, Wang X, Shao H, Laboratories B, Hill M. A Robust MDP Approach to Secure Power Control in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE International Conference on Communication, China, 2012; pp.4642-47.
- Althunibat S, Denise B J, Granelli F. A Punishment Policy for Spectrum Sensing Data Falsification Attackers in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE 80th Conference on vehicle Technology, Vancouver, Canada, 2014; pp.1-5
- Araujo A, Blesa J, Romero E, Villanueva D. Security in cognitive wireless sensor networks , Challenges and open problems, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking,2012;(48), pp.1-8.
- Chen C, Cheng H, Yao Y. Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks in the Presence of the Primary User Emulation Attack, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2011;10(7),pp.2135-41.
- Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology. https://www.ee.iitb.ac.in/web .Date Accessed: 2016.
- Zhang L, Wu Q, Ding G, Feng S, Wang J. Performance analysis of probabilistic soft SSDF attack in cooperative spectrum sensing, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing ,2014;(81),pp.1–9.
- Hyder C S, Grebur B, Xiao L, Member S, Ellison M. ARC : Adaptive Reputation based Clustering Against Spectrum Sensing Data Falsification Attacks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2014;13(8),pp.1707–19.
- Pous H R, Blasco M J, Garrigues C. Review of Robust Cooperative Spectrum Sensing Techniques for Cognitive Radio Networks, Wireless Personal Communication , 2011;67(2),pp. 175–98.
- Luhach A K, Luhach R. Research and Implementation of Security Framework for Small and Medium Sized E-Commerce Based on SOA, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2015,82(3),pp.395-400.
- Luhach A K, Dwivedi S ,Jha C K. Applying SOA to an E-Commerce System and Designing a Logical Security Framework for Small and Medium Sized E-Commerce Based on SOA, In Computational Intelligence and Computing Research , IEEE International Conference on India,2014; Dec, pp. 1-6.
- Kumar A, Luhach A K, Pal D. Robust Digital Image Watermarking Technique using Image Normalization and Discrete Cosine Transformation, International Journal of Computer Applications, 2013;65(18),pp.5-13.
- Malik A, Pandey B. Performance Analysis of Various Data Collection Schemes used in VANET, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 2015;8(15),pp.1-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.