Total views : 233
Automobile Engine Performance Analysis using Regression Technique
The need for automobile is growing day by day and researches have been carried out in different fields of automobile industry like design, manufacturing, sales, production etc. In the field of engine design, it is required to take into consideration all the parameters affecting the design and performance of it. There are many parameters that plays vital role in engine design and there is need to determine the measures for improving the engine’s performance. The data mining technique can be used to determine these performance measures. The experimental study is conducted using multi-linear regression for various dependent and independent variables using a data mining tool. Principal Component Analysis (PCA) is used to emphasis the selection of attributes and to identify the patterns in automobile dataset.
Automobiles, Data Mining, Linear Regression, Multi-Linear Regression, Prediction Techniques.
- Hülsmann M, Borscheid D, Friedrich CM, Reith D. General sales forecast models for automobile markets based on time series analysis and data mining techniques. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Advances in Data Mining:Applications and Theoretical Aspects; Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2011 Aug 30. p. 255–69.
- Gaojun L, Boxue L. The research on combination forecasting model of the automobile sales forecasting system. International Forum on Computer Science-Technology and Applications; 2009 Dec. p. 3.
- Gunasekaran S, Chandrasekaran C. A survey on automobile industries using data mining techniques. International Journal of Science and Advanced Technology. 2011; 1(4):30–5.
- Sa-ngasoongsong A, Bukkapatnam ST, Kim J, Iyer PS, Suresh RP. Multi-step sales forecasting in automotive industry based on structural relationship identification. International Journal of Production Economics. 2012 Dec 31; 140(2):875–87.
- Dai Q, Zhong R, Huang GQ, Qu T, Zhang T, Luo TY. Radio frequency identification-enabled real-time manufacturing execution system: A case study in an automotive part manufacturer. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing. 2012 Jan 1; 25(1):51–65.
- Sambhe RU, Dalu RS. Six sigma implementation in Indian medium scale automotive enterprises- A review and agenda for future research. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage. 2011 Jan 1; 6(3):224–42.
- Blázquez L, González-Díaz B. International automotive production networks: How the web comes together. Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination. 2016 Apr 1; 11(1):119–50.
- Shende V. Analysis of research in consumer behavior of automobile passenger car customer. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2014 Feb; 4(2):1.
- Zhou Q, Liu YS. Applying research of data mining technology on the analysis of vehicles report-stop fraud. 1st International Workshop on Database Technology and Applications; 2009 Apr 25. p. 315–8.
- Kumar V, Devendra V. Fuzzy procedure for the selection of car among various brands. International Journal of Engineering. 2013; 6(3):337–42.
- Jayakameswaraiah M, Ramakrishna S. Design and development of data mining system to estimate cars promotion using improved ID3 algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2014 Sep; 3(9):8052–61.
- Bhattacharya S, Mukhopadhyay D, Giri S. Supply chain management in Indian automotive industry: Complexities, challenges and way ahead. International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains. 2014 Jun 1; 5(2):49–62.
- Hanumanthappa M, Sarakutty TK. Predicting the future of car manufacturing industry using data mining techniques. ACEEE International Journal on Information Technology. 2011; 1(2):27–9.
- Kruse R, Steinbrecher M, Moewes C. Data mining applications in the automotive industry. 4th International Workshop on Reliable Engineering Computing; National University of Singapore. 2010. p. 23–40.
- Moskwa JJ, Hedrick JK. Nonlinear algorithms for automotive engine control. IEEE Control Systems Magazine. 1990 Apr; 10(3):88–93.
- Tayarani-NMH, Yao X, Xu H. Meta-heuristic algorithms in car engine design: A literature survey. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. 2015 Oct; 19(5):609–29.
- CarDeho. Available from: www.cardekho.com
- Ferrari 458 Speciale A Reviews – CarBuzz. Available from: http://www.carbuzz.com/Ferrari/2015_Ferrari_458-Speciale-A/
- Ferrai F12tdf review in pictures. Available from: http://www.evo.co.uk/ferrari/f12tdf
- Ferrari California T Photos and Info – News – Car and river. Available from: http://www.caranddriver.com/ferrari/california-t
- Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce Roadster - Lamborghini Nürnberg Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce Roadster - Lamborghini Nürnberg. Available from: http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/aventador-lp-750-4-superveloce-roadster/technical-specifications/
- Komikders.com safety review, security report - SiteSec.co. Available from: http://www.ferrari.com/en_en/?pillarName=ferrari
- XC60 Specifications Volvo Cars. Available from: http://www.volvocars.com/in/cars/new-models/xc60/specifications
- Han J, Kamber M, Pei J. Data mining, southeast asia edition: Concepts and techniques. Morgan Kaufman; 2006. p. 740.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.