Total views : 421
Comparing Algorithms of Community Structure in Networks
In this work a brief overview of several existing approaches to find community structure and their comparison has been done. The best suited algorithm is selected on various grounds such as space and time complexities but sometimes they are not the only factors to decide whether the algorithm is perfect or not. So many factors are responsible for choosing the algorithm which are uncertain. So which algorithm is the best is still an open question? However various changes are suggested to the approaches to optimize them from time to time. Among various community structure, social network, ecological network and neural network are the most popular and currently it is being implemented on several social networking websites like twitter, LinkedIn, Face book, Amazon etc.
Between’s, Cliques, Community Structure, Modularity Function.
- Finding local community structure in networks. Available from: https://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0503036v1.pdf. Date Accessed: 04/03/2005.
- Aaron C, Cristopher M, Mark N. Hierarchical structure and the prediction of missing links in networks. Nature. 2008 May; 453:98–101.
- Maximal flow through a network. Available from: http:// www.cs.yale.edu/homes/lans/readings/routing/ford-max_ flow-1956.pdf. Date Accessed: 20/09/1999.
- Community Structure based on Node Traffic in Networks. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/ 6804502/. Date Accessed: 01/03/2014.
- Newman MEJ. Detecting community structure in networks. The European Physical Journal B. 2004 Mar; 38(2):321–30.
- Performance of modularity maximization in practical contexts. Available from: https://arxiv.org/pdf/0910.0165v2. pdf. Date Accessed: 1/04/2010.
- Community detection in graphs. Available from: https:// arxiv.org/pdf/0906.0612v2.pdf. Date Accessed: 25/01/2010.
- Gergely P, Imre D, Illes F, Tamas V. Uncovering the overlapping community structure of complex networks in nature and society. Nature. 2005 Jun; 435:814–8.
- Ravindra A, James O, Robert T. Improved Time Bounds for the Maximum Flow Problem. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal on Computing. 1989 Oct; 18(5):939–54.
- Fast algorithm for detecting community structure in networks. Available from: http://arxiv.org/pdf/condmat/ 0309508v1.pdf . Date Accessed: 22/09/2003.
- Finding community structure in very large networks. Available from: https://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0408187v2.pdf. Date Accessed: 30/08/2004.
- Vincent B, Jean-Loup G, Renaud L, Etienne L. Fast unfolding of communities in large networks. arXiv:0803.0476v2. 2008 Jul; 1–12.
- Frederic C, Karande C. A note on the problem of reporting maximal cliques. Theoretical Computer Science. 2008 Nov; 407(1-3):564–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.