Total views : 190
Mingling of Program Slicing to Designing Phase
Objectives: Program Slicing is proved in breaking down the large program into the small relevant parts that is needed as per the specified criteria. The Objective of this paper is the betterment of existing program slicing techniques. Method/Statistical Analysis: Methodology is proposed to start slicing the software from designing level and continue it with source code level. Mingling of the program slicing with UML model slicing is done by applying the program slicing technique to code related to the remaining relevant model that is extracted from the large software architecture model at design level. Flowchart is presented with the steps proposed in the methodology. Findings: Using a case study it is concluded that the complexity of the complete software cycle is reduced as compared to the complexity of program slicing if applied directly to the code. Application/Improvements: Fault localization is taken as a single application, other applications like improvement in the changeability and reusability of source codes can be added.
Code Transformation, Dependence Graph, Fault Localization, Program Slicing, Slicing in Designing Phase, UML Model Slicing.
- Weiser M. Program Slicing. ICSE '81 Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Software Engineering. 1981. p. 439–49.
- Arora J. Static Program Slicing- An Efficient Approach for Prioritization of Test Cases for regression Testing. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2016 Feb; 135(13):18–23.
- Daljeet S, Lavleen K. Analyzing the cohesion and coupling of state chart diagrams using program slicing techniques. International Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2012 Apr-Jun; 3(2):69–72.
- Applying Slicing Technique to Software Architectures. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/706659/. Date Accessed: 14/08/2008.
- Singh R, Arora V. Literature Analysis on Model Based Slicing. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 May; 70(16):45–51.
- Agarwal H, Horgam JR. Dynamic Program Slicing. Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN 1990 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation. 1990 Jun. p. 246–56.
- Sikka P, Kaur K. Program Slicing Techniques and their Need in Aspect Oriented Programming. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 May; 70(3):11–4.
- Context- Free Slicing of UML Class Models. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1510162/. Date Accessed: 26/09/2005.
- UML Slicer: A Tool for Modularizing the UML Metamodel using Slicing. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4594772/. Date Accessed: 8/07/2008.
- Sequence Diagram Slicing. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5358692/. Date Accessed: 1/12/2009.
- Kumar RS, Nath MG, Raaghul U. An Approach for UML based scenario Oriented Slicing. International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering. 2009 May; 1(2):141–3.
- Modeling and Analyzing Software Behavior in UML. Available from: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.6.6999&rep=rep1&type=pdf. Date Accessed: 23/11/2001.
- A practical approach for model based slicing. Available from: http://dspace.thapar.edu:8080/jspui/bitstream/10266/2223/1/Thesis_Practical Approach for Model Based Slicing.pdf. Date Accessed: 06/2013.
- From UML diagrams to Behavioral Source Code. Available from: http://homepages.cwi.nl/~paulk/thesesMasterSoftwareEngineering/2006/SabrinaJim.pdf. Date Accessed: 7/09/2006.
- FUJABA Days. Available from: http://www.fujaba.de/fileadmin/Informatik/Fujaba/Resources/Publications/Fujaba_Days/FujabaDays2011.pdf. Date Accessed: 11/05/2011.
- Visual Paradigm Software. Available from: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Paradigm. Date accessed: 21/06/2016.
- UML Lab - Yatta Solutions . Available from: http://www.uml-lab.com/en/uml-lab/. Date accessed:2010
- UML Tool chain- Using Fujaba and UML Lab in a tool chain. Available from: https://seblog.cs.uni-kassel.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/FujabaDays2011_Umltoolchain.pdf. Date Accessed: 05/2011.
- Ottenstein KJ, Ottenstein LM. The program dependence graph in a software development environment. Proceedings of the first ACM SIGSOFT/SIGPLAN software engineering symposium on Practical software development environments. 1984 May; 19(5):177–84.
- Horwitz S, Reps T, Binkley D. Interprocedural Slicing using Dependence. Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation. 1988 Jul; 23(7):35–46.
- Larsen L, Harrold MJ. Slicing Object-Oriented Software. Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Software Engineering, USA. 1996. p. 495–505.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.