Total views : 171
Relationship among Motivation, Recognition and Attitude of Leisure of College Students
Objectives: This study was conducted to clarify the relationship among leisure motivation, recognition, and attitude in college students. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Subjects of the study were 286 college students majoring in Taekwondo in universities in Honam district who completed the distributed survey. Data analysis was performed with frequency analysis, exploratory factor analysis, reliability verification, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis. Findings: The following conclusions were derived. First of all, the correlation between leisure motivation and recognition was positive for self-realization, interval of remaining time, and club activities under internal motivation. Under external motivation, there was a positive correlation with stress removal, self-realization, interval of remaining time, and club activities. Leisure motivation and attitude were positively correlated with cognitive attitude and behavioral attitude under internal motivation. External motivation was positively correlated with cognitive attitude and behavioral attitude. Secondly, internal motivation and external motivation positively influenced stress removal, self-realization, interval of remaining time, and club activities. Third, external motivation positively influenced cognitive attitude and behavioral attitude in leisure recognition. Improvements/Applications: Considering the limitations of this study, a follow-up study is recommended to investigate more developmental outcomes. First of all, the scope of this study was limited to college students majoring in Taekwondo. Therefore, a follow-up study should include potential user groups. Secondly, the research tool in this study was a survey. Therefore, it was unable to explore personal and internal ranges. In-depth qualitative research is also required.
Attitude of Leisure, College Student, Leisure Motivation, Recognition, Self-Realization.
- Sin SM. Lebensstilforschung in der Freizeitwissenschaft. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 1998; 9:115–26.
- Yong HT, Sok LK, Beom CS. The Relationships between Values on Work and on Leisure, Career Decision Making Self-efficacy and Career Preparation Behavior in University Students in the Department of Physical Education. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2013; 22(2):389–99.
- In KW, Sook KG, Kyong KS. The Types of Leisure Activity of University Students: Leisure Constraints, Preference. Tourism Study. 2006; 20(3):177–92.
- Rye HS. The Relationships among Leisure Motivation, Leisure Attitude, and College Life Satisfaction in Korean College Students. Journal of leisure and recreation studies. 2013; 37(4):15–32.
- Hur TK, Yeul PC, Hoon J, Hye KS. The Impacts of Leisure Motives on Selection of Leisure Activities. New Conceptualization of Leisure Motivation. 2007; 13(4):135–53.
- Shin SY, Woo KD, Ho JJ. Psychological Meaning of Leisure. The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. 2011; 9(2):17–40.
- Eun YJ. The Meaning of Lived Space for Physical Leisure Activities of Middle-Aged Women. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2011; 35(3):117–26.
- Hyeon JK, Shik WC. Relationship of Lifestyle. Leisure Recognition and Leisure Satisfaction, Tourism Study. 2002; 17(2):23–41.
- Peterson C, Stumbo N. Therapeutic Recreation Program Design, MA: Allyn and Bacon, 2000.
- Mi HY, Young YS. An Analysis on Leisure Cognition and Leisure Activity: The Case of One Person Media. Journal of Leisure Studies. 2007; 4(3):27–47.
- Gook KB. Perception of Leisure and Subjective Well-Being: Application of Social Cognitive Theory. Tourism Study. 2010; 25(3):1–20.
- Joon CT, Hee LS. A Study on Relationships Among Leisure Awareness, Sports Attitude and Sports Socialization in Sports Club Participants of University The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2011; 50(5):93–105.
- Ran PH. University Students’ Leisure Perception and Leisure Satisfaction according to Their Participation in Physical Education Class. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2011; 9(2):167–76.
- Sun KM, Hee KS. The Effects on the Leisure Attitude of Physical Activity Emotion and Motivation of Participation in General Education Golf Class of University Students. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2012; 51(2):327–35.
- Sook NA. The Effects of Leisure Attitudes on Self-management and Leisure Confidence in University Dance Majors. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2014; 38(3):89–100.
- Ho-Soon K, Yu-Mi W. The Consciousness Investigation of Leisure Activities in University Students. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2005; 12(4): 457–72.
- Beard JG, Ragheb MG. Measuring leisure satisfaction. Journal of Research. 1980; 12(1):20–33.
- Vallerand RJ, Bissonnett R. Intrinsic, extrinsic, and motivational styles as predicated of behavior. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1992; 60:599–620.
- Hwan HS. Investigating the structural model for the recreation specialization process of the college students based on the types of Leisure motivation. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2010; 34(2):47–57.
- Hyung LJ, Mo LK. The Perception about Leisure Function Effects on the Attitude and Active Choice of Leisure. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2002; 15(2):483–98.
- Young YS, Wook CK. Intergenerational Comparison of the Leisure Attitudes, Activities, and Leisure Constraints. Journal of Korean Management Association. 2004; 22(20):97–107.
- Regheb MG, Beard JG. Measuring Leisure Attitude. Journal of Leisure Research. 1982; 12(2):138–49.
- Tae KK. The Relationship between Leisure Activity Style and Leisure Attitude. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 1995; 4(1):211–24.
- Ran PY. Motivations in Leisure According to the types of Participation in Continuing Education Programs. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2002; 23(1):71–85.
- Wook AB. Relationships between leisure attitude, flow, satisfaction and re-participant in leisure activity participant. Journal of Leisure and Wellness. 2012; 3(2):11–20.
- Won LC. Analysis on the formation of serious Leisure experience for running mania. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(2):115–27.
- Lee SK, Sook OS. The Mediating Effects of Leisure Perception Between Leisure Attitude and Self-Efficacy in Adolescence. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2010; 34(3):233–43.
- Ki LC, Hwan YM. The Effect of Sport Participation Motivation on Job Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction of Leisure Sport Activity Participants. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education. 2003; 8(2):216–27.
- Bum PK, Yong PD. The inductive analysis about participation motive of audience for professional football. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2004; 13(2):123–33.
- Chul KM, Hyun OS. Influence of the Windsurfing participation Motivation of Adolescents on their Self-concept and Leisure Attitude. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(4):73–82.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.