Total views : 194
Customer-Recognition-based-Quality Attributes in Developing Fire-Fighting Garment using Kano Model
Objectives: This study looks at quality attributes of fire - fighting garment based on customer recognition using Kano Model and provides basic research materials to help develop better fire. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Data was collected using a survey by the self - administered method, and the survey was conducted for fire fighters stationed in Jellabukdo from 08.01.2015 to 01.31.2016. Convenient sampling was used to collect data from the total of 175 fire fighters, and the collected data was analyzed by IBM SPSS 22. Findings: The results of this study were followed: First, only ‘color’ and ‘design’ was classified into an attractive quality attribute among 20 quality attributes of fire - fighting garment, and the all the rest was classified into a unitary quality attribute. Second, some quality attributes showed a significant difference in the results of statistical analysis, but overall, no significant differences were found in the categories of service periods and age groups. Thirds, no significant statistical differences were found in service periods and age groups in the category of satisfaction in work, and 67% of the total respondent answered more than satisfied, showing relatively high work satisfaction of fire fighters. Improvements/Applications: A further study is necessary to reduce dissatisfaction on the rest of quality attributes except for color and design through improvements, while increasing the satisfaction level.
Client, Fire-fighting Garment, Quality Attributes Kano Model, Statistical Analysis.
- Fire statistics and administrative data. Date Accessed: 30 August 2016. Available from: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/statistics/.
- Bang CH. A Study on wearing practice of personal protective equipment of fire - fighter: focusing on Gyeongnam province. Journal of Korean Society Hazard Mitigation. 2010; 10(6):65-71.
- Han SA, Nam YJ, Choi YL. A survey of Korean firefighters regarding their satisfaction with protective clothing. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume. 2008; 58(9):166-75.
- Bang CH, Lee JK, Huh YS, Park EJ, Kwon JS. A survey of firefighters regarding their satisfaction with fire-protect clothing in field activities of fire–fighting. Journal of Basic Sciences. 2014; 31:107-15.
- Brown P. Ready-to wears apparel analysis. Macmillan Publishing Co; 1992.
- Kim DS. A study on the durability of protective cloth of fire fighter. [Ph. D. Thesis]. Seoul, Soongsil University; 2006.
- Woo SK. A study on the maintenance system for maintaining heat resistance of protective clothing for structural fire - fighting and proximity fire - fighting, [Master Degree Thesis]. Gyeonggi-do, Kyungwon University; 2011.
- Yoon KJ, Hong KA. Effect of spacer in multilayer thermal barrier of firefighting clothing on thermal property and comport. Textile Science and Engineering. 2010; 47(6):420-25.
- Kim HE, Yeon SM, Jeong JR, Lee MJ, Chang JH, You HC. Ergonomic evaluation of functional working-clothes-Focused on flame-proof clothing. Fashion and Textile Research Journal. 2006; 8(5):597-603.
- Kim D, Shim H. Study on the durability change of fire fighter’s protective cloth (I)-Protective cloth worn in the domestic fire extinguishing field. Textile Science and Engineering. 2008; 45(6):395-400.
- Kano N, Seraku N, Takahashi F, Tsuji S. Attractive quality and must-be quality. Journal of Japanese Society for Quality Control. 1984; 14(2):39-48.
- Ahn MY. Quality characteristics based on customer satisfaction in apparel product development-Focused on Kano’s theory. [Ph. D. Thesis]. Seoul, Hanyang University;2006.
- Yoon S. A study on the customer perception of socially responsible management via Kano model for food and electronics industries. [Master Degree Thesis]. Seoul, Sangmyung University; 2012.
- Jang HY. Determination of the relative importance of quality attributes in the Kano model. [Ph. D. Thesis]. Seoul, Sungkyunkwan University; 2012.
- Kim HG. Customer perceptions of vehicle seats using the Kano model. [Master Degree Thesis]. Seoul, Sungkyunkwan University; 2012.
- Shin AR, Lee S. A study on the development of total customer satisfaction coefficient based Kano model. IE Interfaces. 2007; 20(4):479-87.
- Park MH. Service plan of national R&D report system using Kano model. Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 2014; 4(1):364-73.
- Bang CH, Lee JH, Yea YT. An experimental study on the thermal characteristics of the working uniform exposed to the radiation heat. Journal of the Korean Society of Safety. 2002; 17(3):56-60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.