Total views : 324
Relationship between Interest in Sports and Leisure Satisfaction of People in Clubs of Sports for All
Objectives: This study was conducted on people in clubs of sports for all in Gwangju Metropolitan city to clarify the relationship between interest in sports and leisure satisfaction. Methods/Statistical Analysis: 365 copies of the distributed survey were used for the final analysis. Exploratory factor analysis, reliability verification, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis were performed to reach the following conclusions. Findings: First of all, according to the results for the correlation between interest in sports and leisure satisfaction, interest was positively correlated with emotional satisfaction, education satisfaction, physical satisfaction, and environmental satisfaction. Sociality, health, and recognition were positively correlated with all the sub-variables. Secondly, emotional satisfaction and social satisfaction positively influenced interest, sociality, and recognition among the sub-variables of interest in sports. Third, education satisfaction positively influenced sociality, health, and recognition among the sub-variables of interest in sports. Fourth, physical satisfaction positively influenced interest, health, and recognition among the sub-variables of interest in sports. Fifth, environmental satisfaction positively influenced interest and recognition among the sub-variables of interest in sports. Application /Improvement: Since this study was conducted using a survey, the limitation was that individual and internally diverse ranges were not explored. Therefore, a follow-up study is recommended for in-depth qualitative research. Furthermore, detailed analysis is necessary on the games comprising sports for all.
Clubs of Sports for All, Education Satisfaction, Environmental Satisfaction, Interest in Sports, Leisure Satisfaction, Physical Satisfaction.
- Gil SB, Min CK, Hyun KS. Structural relationship among workers` sport participation motivation, Sport involvement, leisure satisfaction, and living satisfaction. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2009; 33(4):209-22.
- Hang LS. The relationships among leisure perception and social support of leisure sports activity participation, Korean Journal of Physical Education. 1999; 38(2):224-34.
- Don LS, Won PJ. The effect of participation in dport club activities and the influence of job satisfaction for sport club activities of employees. Korea Sport Research. 2004; 15(5):1137-47.
- Jung KK, Seok CY. A study on participation motivation and leisure satisfaction of leisure sports activity of adolescents. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2009; 33(3): 19-31.
- Thai KS. Influence of leisure time according to implementation of 5-day week school system on the changes of stress of studies, leisure satisfaction, and life satisfaction. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education. 2010; 15(1):55-72.
- Wan NK, Hyun LS, Gon KS, Soo NI. Influence of the local tennis club members` participation level according to personal characteristics on life satisfaction and leisure satisfaction. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2009; 33(2):167-78.
- Scanlan TK, Simons JP. The construct of sport enjoyment. In G. C. Roberts(Ed.). Motivation in Sport and Exercise. 1992; Champaign. IL: Human Kinetics.
- Hyung KK, Ho SY. The Influences of exercise needs on exercise adherence questionnaire and intention to dropout of leisure sports participants. Korean Society of Sport Psychology. 2010; 21(2):33-45.
- Jung JH. Causal relationship between of enjoyment factor of water sports and continuous behavior. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(3):153-63.
- Hye CJ, Hoon KJ. Relationship between enjoyment of University Students` Sports Circle Member and Exercise Commitment. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2010; 40(2):.821-31.
- Jae KY. Relationships among sports fun elements and behavior predicted factors based on the degree of intention in water-Leisure sports participation. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2008; 47(4):283-92.
- Mee KY, Won HH. The influence of enjoyment of dance sports on leisure flow experience and leisure satisfaction. Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2005; 44(6): 193-202.
- Mee KY, Young CJ. Influence of fun of after school dance class on dance activity satisfaction and dance consumption behavior of middle school students. Official Journal of Korean Society of Dance Science. 2010; 28:.31-45.
- Joo LM. The relationship between participation in dance dport and leisure satisfaction., Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2002; 18(1):563-72.
- Jin SS, Woo NS, Seop LC, Hee OJ, ASJ. An analysis of the relationship between consciousness of body and self-esteem and the participation in dance sports of the elderly. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2007; 46(4):95-104.
- Hyoung LJ, Kye PS, Ok LM. A study of the leisure activity participation and leisure satisfaction. Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2000;39(1):.208-21.
- Beard JG, Ragheb MG. Measuring leisure satisfaction. Journal of Leisure Research. 1980; 12(1):.20-33.
- Gak JY. Relationship between achievement goal orientation and self-determination theory in leisure sport and exercise setting. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(4): 47-60.
- Mee KY, Gun KD. The contribution of the bowling participation motive on the leisure satisfaction, flow experience and life satisfaction. The Journal of Physical Education & Sports Science. 2007; 25(1):.109-30.
- Surk YE. The relationship between the participation in gate ball club activity of the old, leisure satisfaction and life satisfaction. Korea Sport Research. 2003; 20(1): 153-64.
- Il HY, Hee PJ. Relationship of emotional state of participants in football-lovers' society to their satisfaction with leisure. Korea Sport Research. 2003; 14(4):.839-48.
- Jun KB, Hoon SC. Concepts-and current research: Enjoyment in sport. Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy. 1996; 3(2):.99-22.
- Ju HM. Relationship between flow experience, participation satisfaction and exercise adherence behaviors based on enjoyment factor of bowling participants. 2012. Unpublished master’s Dissertation. Kyung Hee University.
- Jae KY. Relationship between enjoyment of collegiate golf players and commitment., Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2011; 46(1):729-38.
- Pil KJ, Yong JS, Gin PS. The effects of youth sports club participants` awareness and funs about sports participation on their satisfaction with classwork. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 1999; 34(1):193-203.
- Yu HS. Journal of leisure and recreation studies. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2011; 8(3):1-18.
- Gon KH, Woen LS. The relationships among leisure satisfaction and life satisfaction and leisure sports participation of military academy cadets. Journal of Leisure and Recreation Studies. 2008; 32(2):105-14.
- Yun RD, Ill KT. The effect of participants motivation of customers at screen golf club on fun factor and leisure satisfaction. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2014; 23(4): 55-67.
- Yeop KS, Hoon YJ. The influence of the fun elements on leisure satisfaction and self-actualization of leisure sports participants. The Korean Journal of Sport. 2009; 7(2): 81-90.
- Gould D, Petlichoff L. Participation motivation and attrition in young athletes. In F. Smoll, R. Magill, &Mash;(Eds.), Children in sport(3th ed., 161-178). 1998, Champaign, IL: Human Kinetic.
- Beom CH, Jin LJ, Hyang KM. A study of family member's characteristic participation of leisure activity and leisure satisfaction and attitude. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2005; 44(3):709-19.
- Sik KK. The relationship among leisure sports` activities, helplessness, social support, and health promoting behavior of the of the elderly. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2004; 17(1):.17-31.
- Hee CS. The effects of body image on enjoyment factor, leisure satisfaction and self actualization in participants of silver line dance.Unpublished doctor Dissertation.Mokpo National University.
- Hyun LS, Jun CH. Effects of recreation specialization on sports enjoyment and future behavioral intention of tennis club members. Korean Journal of Sports Science. 2010; 19(1):179-89.
- Hong KJ. The fun factor of bowling games and its relationship between leisure immersion and leisure satisfaction. Unpublished master’s Dissertation. Woosuk University.
- Taeg LJ. The relationship the participated level of extreme sports and perceived freedom, and self-actualization. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2003; 16(1):.221-37.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.