Total views : 204
Meanings and Method of Creativity and Convergence in Music Education
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to discuss what creativity and convergence are in music education and to suggest teaching-learning methods for music prioritizing creativity and convergence. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study performed contents analysis based on the data related to creativity and convergence education resulting from literature methodology and music textbooks. Literature study was performed to find the connection between creativity and convergence education and we performed an analysis divided into three categories consisting of ‘contents’, ‘method’, and ‘composition and environment’ based on instances where such connection were found in music textbooks. Findings: First, a connection between the musical concepts and activity must be provided in terms of contents. Second, there must be a learning method to converge the music and other various fields and a problem solving method learning as well. Third, appropriate questions and guidance for learning must be provided by teachers. Improvements/Applications: Emphasizing creativity and convergence in music education will cultivate necessary learning competence for the future and the importance of music education will be further recognized in the field of education.
Creativity, Convergence, Method, Meaning, Music Education, Teaching-Learning.
- Choi ES. The development of a conceptual model of the creativity-centered instrumental music instruction. Korean Journal of Research in Music Education. 2005; 28:155–79.
- Hickey M. Why and how to teach music composition: A new horizon for music education. R&L Education. 2003; 248 pp.
- Odena O. Musical Creativity: Insights from music education research. Routledge. 2012.
- Min S. The effect of musical activities programs on parenting efficacy and resilience of mothers with preschool children. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(25):650–56.
- Shin HK, Chung JW. The development of a creativity-centered education program for the musically gifted. Korean Journal of Research in Music Education. 2012; 41(1):25–47.
- Kim S-W, Lee YL. The analysis on research trends in programming based STEAM education in Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(24):1–11.
- Cho DH. The development of convergence subjects using a concept map. Journal of Music Education Science. 2015; 24:105–23.
- Eaton A. STEAM power: Music and the arts as part of a comprehensive education. Music Educators Journal. 2014; 101(1):16.
- Fehr RC. On Capitol Hill, NAME makes a case for adding the arts to a STEAM education. Teaching Music. 2014; 22(1):14.
- Burdett S. Making Music. Silver Burdett. 2008.
- Bryant A. Teaching Key Stage 2 Music, pap/com (edn)., Faber Music Ltd. 2007; 106 pp.
- Fidelio. Available from: https://www.metopera.org/Season/2016-17-Season/fidelio-beethoven-tickets/.Date Accessed:2016.
- Zhu AL. Perfect Match Music. Pearson Longman. 2009.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.