Total views : 213
A Study on the Relationship among Eating Habit, Menu Selection Behavior, Self-Efficacy in Korean Nursing Students
Objectives: It is a descriptive correlation study which aims to understand the relationship among eating habit, menu selection behavior, self-efficacy of nursing students. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The subjects of this study was 215nursing students of B University in C city and the data was collected using the structured questionnaire from March to April June in 2016/ This study was analyzed using SPSSWIN 18.0. The data were analyzed with t-test, ANOVA, Pearson’s correlation. Findings: Eating habit showed difference in accordance with grade (F=3.99, p=.009), parental interest to children’s health (F=3.53, p=.031), residential type (F=3.17, p=.025), health condition (F=5.12, p=.001). As for the menu selection pursuing health, the difference was detected in accordance with grade (F=3.59, p=.014), health condition (F=3.13, p=.016), and the menu selection pursuing feeling showed difference in accordance with health condition (F=3.55, p=.008). But menu selection pursuing convenience was not significant variable. The self-efficacy showed difference in accordance with grade (F=6.10, p=.001), gender (t=2.07, p=.039), health condition (F=6.01, p<.001).Self-efficacy had significant positive correlation to eating habit (r=.29 p<.001), menu selection pursuing health (r=.21 p<.001). And self-efficacy had significant negative correlation to menu selection convenience (r=-.26 p<.001). Improvements/Applications: When forming proper eating habit and menu selection behavior based on self-efficacy, the quality of life is increased. This study provides basic data to educational program development.
Eating Habit, Lifestyle, Menu Selection Behavior, Nursing Student, Self-Efficacy.
- Pender NJ. Health promotion in nursing practice, 6 th (edn)., Pearson: US. 2010; 368 pp.
- Yim SY. Relationships between dietary behaviors and suicidal ideation among Korean adolescents. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–5.
- Oh YS. A study on the health related life behavior and dietary of female university students by residence type in the Gyeongju area. Korean Journal of Food Culture. 2009 Jul; 24(4):351–58.
- Lee SC. Relationship between the dietary habits of middle school girls and their personality and
- school grades. Doctor’s Thesis, Chung-Buk, Korea, Korea National University of Education. 2008.
- Oh SY, Wang SG. Dietary self-efficacy, food habit, selfefficacy and obesity index in university student in daejeon area. Natural Science. 2010; 21(1):157–74.
- Park JR. A study on knowledge, attitude and behavior about general health among university Students in seoul, Master’s Thesis, Seoul, Korea, Ewha Womans University. 2000.
- Bandura A. Perceived self-efficacy in cognitive development and functioning. Educational psychologist. 1993; 28(2):117–48.
- Kim HC, Kim IM, Kim SW. The long-term effect of tai chi exercise on exercise self efficacy and self-perceived health status in the elderly. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(25):1–8.
- Cheong HS, Lee JS. Study on nutrition education and perception of nutrition teachers and dietitians in gyeongnam area. Korean Journal Food Science. 2012 Jun; 28(3):229–40.
- Chourdakis M, Tzellos T, Pourzitaki CP, Toulis KA, Papazisis G, Kouvelas D. Evaluation of dietary habits and assessment of cardiovascular disease risk factors among Greek university students. Appetite. 2011; 57(l):377–83.
- Guagliardo V, Lions C, Darmon N, Verger P. Eating at the university canteen. Associations with socioeconomic status and healthier self-reported eating habits in France. Appetite. 2011; 56(1):90–5.
- Choi JE, Kim YG. The relationship between university students’ nutrition knowledge, dietary self-efficacy, dietary habits and menu choice behavior. Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea. 2012; 15(6):249–75.
- Prescott J, Young O, Oneil L, Yau NJN, Stevens R. Motives for food choice: a comparison of consumers from Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia and New Zealand. Food Quality and Preference. 2002; 13(7):489–95.
- Jun M, Nancy MB, Tanya H, Constance G, Adrienne W, Susan N. The importance of decisional balance and self-efficacy in relation to stages of change for fruit and vegetable intakes by young adults. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2002; 16(3):157–66.
- Her ES, Lee KH, Bae EY, Lyu ES. Interrelations among beverage intake, food behavior and personality in adolescents. Korean Journal Community Nutrition. 2008 Apr; 13(2):189–98.
- Bandura A. Social foundation of thought and Action, Pearson: US. 1986; 544 pp.
- Hong HY, An HS. The relationship among perfectionism, anxiety and career indecision on high school students: the mediating effect of career decision-making self-efficacy. Korean Journal of Youth studies. 2009; 16(7):149–75.
- Furst T, Connors M, Bisogni C, Sobal J, Falk L. Food choice: a conceptual model of the process. Appetite. 1996; 26(3):247–65.
- Choi JM. The effects of college students’ self-efficacy on their health promotion behavior, Master thesis, Seoul, Korea, EwhaWomans University. 2004.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.