Total views : 233
Inscriptions on Bones and Tortoise Carapaces and Digital Age - The Digitization Prospect of Ancient Characteristics (Hieroglyphics)
Objectives: The process of combining the ancient ‘Gabgolmoon’ (oracle bone script) hieroglyphic characters of China with digital systems is considered to be a very significant milestone towards achieving the popular and mainstream use of the character system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Unlike the Korean which is based on (‘pyoeum moonja’), the Chinese characters are ideographs (‘pyoeui moonja’ or ideographs/ideograms are the graphic symbols that represent an idea or concept, independent of any particular language, and specific words or phrases). The ancient characters have a significant visual presence and effect through additional leveraging of digital technologies in the process of appealing the meanings of these characters that have been digitalized into image form. And the issue of converging the character system not only in Chinese language academia but extending it to the entire academic fields of Liberal Arts is merely a matter of time. Findings: The process of combining ancient hieroglyphic characters using computer science and digital systems can be considered to be related to the combination with the technological introduction of e-learning. The need to integrate the fields of Liberal Arts and Natural Science will become even more urgent in order to adapt to the additional advancements soon to be brought by the digital age. Improvements/Applications: Assuming the above, the proper implementation of e-learning and other digital education infrastructures is an urgent matter, and the process of digitalizing and establishing a comprehensive database for hieroglyphic characters (ideographs/ ideograms) is considered to be a process which can be significantly useful to the education industry as well.
DigiLog, Bones and Tortoise Carapaces, Digitalization.
- International Association of Language and Literature, Character Culture and Digital Culture, KookHak. 2001.
- The Organized Mind. Date Accessed: 2016: Available from: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18693669-the-organized-mind.
- Eric S. Alchi: The New Digital Era (Revision). 2014.
- The Unity of Knowledge. Date Accessed: 2005: Available from: http://wtf.tw/ref/wilson.pdf.
- Woong HJ. Korea University Press: The Lecture for Chinese Graphonomy. 2013.
- Suguna S, Kumar CR, Jeyarani DS. State of the Art: A Summary of Semantic Image and Video Retrieval Techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1-12.
- Abdyhalykova AM. Innovative Methods of Foreign Languages Teaching. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(22):1-7.
- Thiyagarajan VS. Platfora Method for High Data Delivery in Large Datasets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(33):1-13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.