Total views : 182
A Study on the Provision of National R&D Information in LOD (Linked Open Data) Format
Objectives: To establish a system which provides the NTIS (National Science and Technology Information Service)-owned information in a LOD (Linked Open Data) format for the purpose of opening national R&D information to realize ‘Government 3.0’. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The NTIS ontology has been designed using the CERIF (Common European Research Information Format) ontology which efficiently manages research information and BIBO (Bibliographic Ontology) targeted to describe literature data in a library with the RDF (Resource Description Framework). To decide a scope to provide the NTIS information in LOD format and convert it into triple data, R2RML is used. In addition, Pubby is adopted for an interface between the server and application while a triple store uses OntoBase2.0. Findings: Among a total of 389 national R&D information items provided by the NTIS, those except for personal information, secret and national defense and management items were set to be provided in LOD format. After analyzing 30 tables, the matters to be referred to during modeling were derived. In addition, ontology was designed by deriving item-concept or inter-concept relationships. To convert NTIS information into RDF, R2RML was used and the extracted triple data are stored in a triplestore. Users are able to get access to LOD data, using a SPARQL endpoint. Improvements/Applications: It is able to provide a lot of related information through connection with diverse LODs after opening national R&D information in LOD format. Then, this information would be available as base data in science and technology.
BIBO, CERIF, Linked Open Data (LOD), National R&D Information, NTIS, Ontology Modeling.
- Hyun MH, Shin SM, Kim HS. Application of Linked Open Data on sharing library data in Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27):1–4.
- Choi HR, Kwak CH, Cho M. A study to improve the public data management of the City of Busan. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–6.
- Khusro S, Jabeen F, Mashwani SR, Alam I. Linked Open Data: Towards the realization of semantic web - A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jun; 7(6):745–64.
- CERIF 1.3 Full Data Model. 2016. Available from: http://www.eurocris.org/Uploads/Web pages/CERIF-1.3/Specifications/CERIF1.3_FDM.pdf 5. The Bibliographic Ontology. 2016. Available from: http://bibliontology.com/
- GLD life cycle. 2016. Available from: https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/GLD_Life_cycle
- Pubby. 2016. Available from: http://wifo5-03.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/pubby/
- Kang NG, Lim KT, Jo WS, Kim JO, Kim TH, Yang MS, Kwon OS. A study of the opening and disclosure of natinoal R&D information (Focusing on LOD). The 6th International Conference on Convergence Technology; Korea. 2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.