Total views : 258
A New Conception of Information Requisition in Web of Things
Objectives: The dynamic spanning tree approach from Requester Node to Responder Node has been proposed for WoT for information requisition. The objective is to eliminate data redundancy in multipath communication. Methods: A spanning tree algorithm has been proposed to create a dynamic single path from Requester Node (RN) to Responding Node (ReN) in WoT Graph. Before actual communication a virtual path is established between RN and ReN which helps in the reduction of multipaths, cycles and data duplicacy. Findings: The approach is implemented and tested on different scenarios of WoT graphs in NS-2 simulator and shows good results in terms of information requisition. In a WoT graph communication multiple path exists between sender and receiver nodes causing duplicate data packets and high traffic intensity in the network, while in WoT spanning tree there is a single path. Therefore, the network throughput and the efficiency increases manifold. Application: The rapid growth of WoT enabled internet applications, decision making, marketing, healthcare, monitoring and interlinked controlled devices generates high demand for reliable and timely information.
Communication, Data Redundancy, Information Requisition, Sensors, Web of Things.
- The Internet of Things how the next evolution of the internet is changing everything. 2014. Availalable from: http:// www.supplychain247.com/paper/the_internet_of_things_ how_the_next_evolution_of_the_internet_is_changing
- Internet of Things. Overview of the Market. 2016. Available from: http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/MarketReports/internet-of-things-market-573.html?gclid=COHx wOjI8M4CFdcSaAodCLQC0w
- Tan L, Wang N. Future internet: The Internet of Things. 2010 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (ICACTE); India. 2010 Sep.
- Luigi A, Antonio I, Giacomo M. The Internet of Things: A survey. Computer Networks. 2010 Oct; 54(15):2787–805.
- Jayavardhana G, Buyya R, Marusic S, Marimuthu P. Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements and future directions. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2013 Sep; 29(7):1645–60.
- Fang H, Xie D, Shaowu S. On the application of the Internet of Things in the field of medical and health care. Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communications and IEEE Internet of Things and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing, GREENCOM-ITHINGS-CPSCOM '13; 2014. p. 2053–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.