Total views : 193
Performance Characteristics of Motor Block Resistor for KTX
Objectives: It was confirmed in this study, after subjecting the system to a braking characteristic test, that the motor block braking resistor for the Korea Train express (KTX) train can be commercialized. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A braking characteristic test was performed using a motor block for the KTX with technical specifications similar to those found in the current rolling stocks, to analyze its temperature rising characteristics observed when a consistent braking current is sent to a braking resistor, followed by an analysis of the natural convection transient thermal transfer, and the results were compared and analyzed. Findings: The analysis of the thermal analysis and temperature rising curve in the test of the braking resistor as well as the temperature distribution of the thermal analysis, the temperature distribution measured in the test, showed that a minor error occurred owing to the differences between the natural convection thermal transfer coefficient and the onsite condition during the thermal analysis and test, but its average temperature rise was similar to that of the existing system, thereby confirming the validity of the interpretation. Improvements/Applications: This paper is believed to provide reliable data that are useful in analyzing the temperature rising trend of the braking resistor for highspeed trains.
Braking Resistor, Dynamic Braking, Korea Train expresses (KTX), Motor Block, Regenerative Braking, Thermal Analysis.
- Kim YG, Kim SW, Park CK, Kim KH, Mok JY. Analysis and evaluation of body vibration characteristics for Korean high speed train through on-line test. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway. 2003 Dec; 6(4): 286–93.
- Kim YG, Kwon HB, Kim SW, Park TW. Evaluation on train resistances for Korean high speed train, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway. 2005 Oct; 8(5):405–10.
- Kim YG, Kim SW, Kim KH, Mok JY. Study on the deduction of traction/braking forces for the train from acceleration/deceleration. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway. 2006 Dec; 9(6):682–88.
- Kim SW, Kim YG, Park CK, Park TW. A study on the measurement of disc-pad friction coefficient for HSR-350x. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway. 2006 Dec; 9(6):677–81.
- Elavarasi R, Kumar PKS. An FPGA based regenerative braking system of electric vehicle driven by BLDC Motor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Nov; 7(7):1–5.
- Patil SM, Prabaharan SRS. Embedded control scheme of stand-alone regenerative braking system using super capacitors. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–6.
- Kwon OJ, Park CK, Oh BS. A study of increasing regeneration Energy and Braking Using Super Capacitor (EDLC). Transactions of KSAE; 2006 Nov; 14(6):24–33.
- Sone S, Ashiya M. An innovative traction system from the viewpoint of braking. International Conference on Developments in Mass Transit Systems; London. 1998. p. 36–41.
- Sameshima H, Ogasa M, Yamamoto T. On board characteristics of rechargeable lithium ion batteries for improving energy regenerative efficiency. QR of RTRI. 2004 May; 45(2):45–52.
- Fletcher RG. Regenerative equipment for railway rolling stock. Power Engineering Journal. 1991 May; 5(3):105–13.
- Kim YG, Kim SW, Park CK, Lee SH, Park TW. Experimental verification of the brake performance analysis for the high speed train. Journal of the Korean Sensors Society. 2007 Jan; 16(1):68–76.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.