Total views : 221
Usage of Woven Geo-Textiles in the Construction of Subgrade in Flexible Pavements
Objective: In this research work, emphasis was made on examining the quality of geotextiles in the road construction in flexible pavements and replacement as a binder. Methods: This paper examines about the usage of woven geotextiles in flexible pavements. The locally available soil is used for the tests. Different test are performed for soil along with geo-textile. In CBR test geo-textile is installed at different depths in soil such as 3, 6 & 9 centimeters in the mould. Findings: From this study, layer of woven geo-textile introduced at the center shows the better performance than those of other layers at different depths. Application/Improvement: The use Geo-textiles in the flexible pavement can rise the service life of the pavement than the previous pavements. Geo-textiles of both natural and synthetic are helpful in improving the geo-technical properties of soil.
Subgrade, Woven Geo-Textile.
- Button JW. Overlay construction and performance using Geo-textiles. Transportation Research Record 1248, TRB. Washington DC; National Research Council; 1989. p. 24–33.
- Standard specifications for Geo-textiles. Available from: https://www.usfabricsinc.com/specifications/aashto
- Richardson GN. An installation of geo-grids and their role in paved roads and associates. Washington: Geo-Synthetic Materials Association; 1998 Jul. p. 46.
- Cleveland GS, Button JW, Lytton RL. Geo-synthetics in flexible and rigid pavement overlay systems to reduce reflection cracking. Texas: Texas Transportation Institute. 2002. p. 298.
- Mritunjay J, Bindhu L. Impact of rice husk ash on soil stability (including micro level investigation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):7.
- Meccai KA, Hasan E. Geotextile in transportation application, 2nd Gulf Conference on Roads; Abu Dhabi. 2004. p.13.
- Saravanan S, Venkatasubramanian C, Muthu D, Ramakrishnan K, Construction of rural roads using C&D waste materials. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(27):5.
- Yang SH. Effectiveness of using geotextiles in flexible pavements. Virginia; 2006. p. 108.
- Guyer JP. Introduction to Geotextiles in Pavement and Drainage Applications. ASCE; 2009. p. 35.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.