Total views : 240
Image Processing Based Vehicle Parking Management Using Mobile Application
In modern day scenario due to heavy traffic, it is always significant to find a free parking slot to park a vehicle in crowded area. The main motto of this project work is to find the available parking slot to park the vehicle and the current status of free parking slot should available on user mobile application even before visiting the parking area. In this paper the image processing technics is adapted to find the free parking slot. Camera captures the image of parking lot and the image is analyzed to find the possible number of free parking slot. Contour method is implemented to find coloured circle on parking lot which indicate the availability of slot. The various modifications like converting RGB images to HSV are performed on Open CV platform which is installed on Raspberry pi. As Raspberry pi is used it is easy to bridge image processing task and internet connectivity over server. It is efficient to send data over internet in small duration of time. This system provides the proficient way for the user to park vehicle without any guide. This system can be implemented in any public parking place, shopping complex, corporate offices etc. This method can be easily implemented in a short period of time and does not require regular maintenance.
Image Processing, Mobile Application, Parking Slot Status, Vehicle Parking Management.
- Cervantes. A hybrid middleware for RFID-based parking management system using group communication in overlay networks. Intelligent Pervasive Computing, IPC, The International Conference on lloilo; 2007. p. 521–26.
- Backhouse J, Cohen J. What is a smart city for information systems research in Africa? Review protocol and initial results. African Cyber Citizenship Conference on Port Elizabeth, South Africa; 2014 Nov 5–6; 2014.
- Kharusi HA, Bahadly IA. Intelligent parking management system based on image processing. World Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2014; 2(2):55–67.
- Yu H. The design of the embedded wireless vehicles monitoring management system based on GPRS: Evidence from China. International Symposium Intelligent Information Technology Application Workshops, USA; 2008. p. 677–80.
- Banerjee S. Real time car parking system using image processing. 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology, Kanyakumari. 2011; 2:99–103.
- Longfei W. Integrating mobile agent with multi-agent system for intelligent parking negotiation and guidance. Industrial Electronics and Applications. 4th IEEE Conference on, Xi'an, China; 2009. p. 1704–7.
- Jin J. An information framework for creating a smart city through internet of things. Internet of Things Journal IEEE. 2014; 1(2):112–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.