Total views : 200
Linear Peak Current Mode Control of Semi Bridgeless AC-DC Converter
Objectives: The main objective of this work is to obtain input power factor closer to unity and regulation of output voltage of semi bridgeless AC-DC converter using linear peak current mode control. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Linear Peak Current Mode control technique is applied to Semi-Bridgeless AC-DC Converter in this paper. This technique helps in achieving power factor closer to unity. The output voltage of the converter is regulated at 200V. The prototype is designed for 200W. Simulation results are obtained for 200W using PSIM software(Simulation Software Package) the converter is analyzed under variable load and supply conditions. Findings: At variable load conditions, power factor is maintained closer to unity and output voltage is regulated to 200V. The efficiency for the converter is found to 96% at full load conditions. Application: Battery charging applications.
AC-DC Converter, Compensating Ramp, Phase Shifting, Peak Current Mode, Semi-Bridgeless.
- Lazar J, Cuk S. Open Loop Control of Unity Power factor Discontinuous Conduction mode Boost Rectifier. IEEE Telecommunications Energy Conference, Netherlands. 1995. P. 671–77.
- Gegner JP, Lee CQ. Linear Peak Current Mode Control: A Simple Power Factor Correction Control Technique for CCM. IEEE PESC Records. 1996; 1:196–202.
- Kanimozhi G, Sreedevi VT. ZVS Implementation in Interleaved boost rectifier. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015 Sep; 10(16):1–6.
- Musavi F, Eberle W, Dunford WG. A Phase-Shifted Gating Technique with Simpliﬁed Current Sensing for the Semi-Bridgeless AC–DC Converter. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2013 May; 62(4):1568–76.
- Shin JW, Cho BH. Digitally Implemented Average Current-Mode Control in Discontinuous Conduction Mode PFC Rectiﬁer. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012 Jul; 27(7):3363–73.
- Musavi F, Edingto M, Eberle W, Dunford WG. Evaluation and Efficiency Comparison of Front End AC-DC Plug-in Hybrid Charger Topologies. IEEE Transactions on Smart grid. 2012 Mar; 3(1):413–21.
- Lee YJ, Khaligh A, Emadi A. Advanced Integrated Bidirectional AC/DC and DC/DC Converter for Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2009 Oct; 58(8):3970–80.
- Sudheer L, Kanimozhi G. Integrator controlled semi-bridgeless PFC boost converter. International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, India. 2015 Mar. p. 1–5.
- Brown R, Soldano M. One Cycle Control IC Simplifies PFC Designs. APEC 05, 2014; 1–5.
- Akter P, Uddin M, Rahman M, Islam M, Bhuiyen RB. Efficiency Improvement of Semi-Bridgeless Phase Shifted Boost Converter with Power Factor Correction in Energy Storage System. International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology (EICT), Khulna. 2014 Feb. p. 1–5.
- Alonge F, Librizzi F, Raimondi FM, Scalia P, Uno A. Improved peak-current-mode control for unity power factor ac-dc converters in discontinuous conduction mode. IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems- PEDS’99. Hong Kong. 1999 Jul. p. 927–32.
- Basso C. Ramp Compensation for Current-Mode Converters, Power design, Circle 252 on Reader Service Card or freeproductinfo.net/pet, Power Electronics Technology. 2004 Jul; 67–8.
- Kim SY, Sung WY, Lee BK. Comparative Performance Analysis of High Density and Efficiency PFC Topologies. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2014 Jun; 29(6):2666–79.
- Kim HJ, Seo G-S, Cho B, Choi H. A Simple Average Current Control with On-Time Doubler for Multiphase CCM PFC Converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2015 Mar; 30(3):1683–93.
- Choi WY, Kwon JM, Kim EH, Lee JJ, Kwon BH. Bridgeless Boost Rectifier with Low Conduction Losses and Reduced Diode Reverse-Recovery Problems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2007 Apr; 54(2):769–80.
- Kumar GS, Kanimozhi G, Sreedevi VT. Comparative analysis of digital linear and nonlinear controller for PFC boost converter. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10:15689–93.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.