Total views : 234
An Improved Model for Analysis of Diabetic Retinopathy Related Imagery
Currently, Image processing techniques are captivating a noteworthy part in order to get to the bottom of a range of medical Imaging problems. Retinal problems have become very common ailments in Diabetic patients and are the cause for visual morbidity. The methodology used here involves the application Hybrid Morphological Reconstruction procedure With Watershed Segmentation method to yield outputs. The outcomes from the proposed method are the processed images related to Diabetic Retinopathy, interpreted to give an analysis based on the clinical concepts. The main significance and improvement with the proposed method is the examining the image processing techniques (enhancement and segmentation) on Diabetic Retinopathy images that can improve the quality of life.
Analysis, Diabetic Retinopathy, Exudates, Improved, Image.
- Asghar O, Sunni AA, Withers S. Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Clinical Science. 2009 May; 116(10):741–60.
- Sharifi A, Vosolipour A, Aliyari M, Teshnehlab MD. Hierarchical Takagi-Sugeno Type Fuzzy System for Diabetes Mellitus Forecasting. Proceedings Of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Kunming, China. 2008 Jul. p.1265–70.
- Hayath SA, Patel B, Khattar RS, Malik RA. Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Mechanisms, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Clinical Science. 2004 Dec; 107:539–57.
- Askew DA, Crossland L, Ware RS, Begg S, Cranstoun P, Mitchell P, Jackson CL. Diabetic retinopathy screening and monitoring of early stage disease in general practice: design and methods. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2012; 33(5):969–75.
- Looker HC, Nyangoma SO, Cromie D, Olson JA, Leese GP, Black M, Doig J, Lee N, Lindsay RS, McKnight JA, Morris AD, Philip S, Sattar N, Wild SH, Colhoun HM. Diabetic retinopathy at diagnosis of type 2 diabetes in Scotland. Diabetologia. 2012; 55(9):2335–42.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital Image Processing. 2nd (edn)., Pearson Education: New York, 2003.
- Fahimuddin S, Giriprasad MN, Swathi C, Sekhar AS. Detection Of Cardiac Complications in Diabetic Patients using CLAHE Method. Proceedings of International Conference on Aerospace Electronics, Communications and Instrumentation, India. 2010 Jan. p. 344–47.
- Ravindraiah R, Fahimuddin S. Detection of Exudates in Diabetic Retinopathy images. Proceedings of National Conference on Future Challenges and Building Intelligent Techniques in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chennai, India. 2010 Jul. p. 363–68.
- Peres FA, Oliveira FR, Neves LA, Godoy MF. Automatic Segmentation of Digital Images Applied in Cardiac Medical Images. Proceedings of IEEE Pan American Health Care Exchanges, Lima, Peru. 2010 Mar; 38–42.
- Peto T, Tadros C. Screening for diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema in the United Kingdom. Current. Diabetes Report. 2012; 12(4):338–45.
- Hong YS. An indoor location tracking using wireless sensor networks cooperated with relative distance fingerprinting. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S1):517–23.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.