Total views : 187
A Proposal: Diabetic Related Complications and Image Processing Methodologies
Objectives: Diabetes is a major public health problem and mainly affects the eyes, the kidney and the foot. This work focuses on diabetic foot to device new strategies for early diagnosis of diabetic foot in hospitals from the analysis of thermal images. Method/Statistical Analysis: In the presence of a triggering factor, it may lead to ulceration and subsequent amputation. In many cases, development of diabetic foot disorders can be avoided or substantially delayed with adequate treatments that are provided at an early stage. Most of the people who are with Diabetes have some form of nerve damage. Apart from this Hyperthermia it is also a challenging issue in diabetes correlated to foot these days. A new algorithm called Global Region Based Chan-vese Algorithm is proposed to analyze the underlying problems present in acquired images. Findings: A pre-processing technique as well as a post-processing technique of image processing methods will be used for the development of the frame work which will be useful for easy analysis and as well as an education tool for layman. Improvements/Applications: In this approach The segmentation boundary is represented implicitly with a level set function, but in previously employed methods the initial curve can be placed anywhere in the image.
Diabetes, Enhancement, Foot Ulcer, Hyperthermia, Segmentation.
- Sharifi A, Vosolipour A, Sh MA, Teshnehlab M. Hierarchical takagi-sugeno type fuzzy system for diabetes mellitus forecasting, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Iran; 2008 Jul. p. 1265–70.
- Peres FA, Oliveira FR, Neves LA, Godoy MF. Automatic segmentation of digital images applied in cardiac medical images, Health Care Exchange (PAHCE), Pan American, Brazil; 2010 Mar. p. 38–42.
- Intajag S, Tipsuwanporn V, Chatree CR. Retinal image enhancement in multi-mode histogram, Proceedings of World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, Thailand; 2009 Mar. p. 745–49.
- Gonzalez RC, woods RE. Digital image processing, 1st edition, Addison wisely: Pearson/Prentice Hall; 1992.
- Neuropathy (Nerve Damage) [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016]. Available from: http://www.diabetes.org/livingwithdiabetes/complications/neuropathy.
- Riphagen IJ, Lambers HJ, Heerspin K, Gans ROB, Gaillard CAJM. Diseases of renal microcirculation: diabetic nephropathy, living reference work entry, pans vascular medicine. Springer Publications; 2015. p. 3739–68.
- Diabetic Neuropathies [Internet]. 2016 [updated 2016 Dec 6; cited 2016 Jun 9]. Available from:
- Auliffe MM, Garry LM. Medical image processing, analysis, and visualization in clinical research, Proceedings of 14th Symposium on Computer based Medical Systems, Bethesda; 2001 Jul. p. 381–6.
- Shenbagarajan V, Ramalingam C, Balasubramanian S, Palanivel. Tumor diagnosis in MRI brain image using ACM segmentation and ANN-LM classification techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.