Total views : 184
A Novel Paradigm to Eliminate Timing Violations using AHL
Objectives: This Paper presents a novel low power design approach for multipliers to eliminate timing violations. There are two major issues which are concentrated in this paper are positive bias temperature instability and negative bias temperature instability. Both the things affect the speed of transistor and leads to timing violations, which intern leads to the failure of an entire system. Methods: In this work, bypassing multiplier is used with adaptive hold logic. The implementation is done in 180 nm deep submicron CMOS technology. Findings: power consumption and error rate is studied after employing the AHL. Improvements: The experimental result shows that the performance of multipliers with AHL improved 72.8% when compared to existing methods and consumes less power.
AHL, Bypass Multipliers, Low Power Design, Instability, Timing Violations.
- Linn IC, Cho YH, Yang YM. Aging Aware Reliable Multiplier Design With Adaptive Hold Logic. IEEE Transaction on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) System. 2014; 23(3):544–56.
- Kaur R, Noor A. Strategies and Methodologies For Low Power VLSI Designs: A Review. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2011; 1(2):159–65.
- Rakesh V, Wang W, Cao Y. Modelling and minimization of pMOS NBTI effect for robust naometer design. Proceeding of ACM/IEEEDAC. 2004; 1047–52.
- Abrishami H, Hatami S, Amelifard B, Pedram M. NBTI-aware flip-flop characterization and design. Proceeding of 44th ACM ACM Great Lakes symposium on VLSI, Orlando, Florida, USA. 2008; 29–34.
- Calimera A, Macii E, Poncino M. Design techniques for NBTI tolerant power-gating architecture. IEEE Transaction on Circuits System II: Express Briefs. 2012; 59(4):249–53.
- Baneres D, Cortadella J, Kishinevsky M. Variable-latency design by function speculation. Proceedings of the Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe, Belgium. 2009. p. 1704–09.
- Su YS, Wang DC, Chang SC, Sadowska MM. Performance optimization using variable-latency design style. IEEE Transaction on Very Large Scale Integration System. 2009; 19(10):1874–83.
- Yan J, Chen Z. Low-Power Multiplier Design with Row and Column Bypassing. Proceeding of IEEE International SOC Conference, Taiwan. 2009. p. 227–30.
- Hwang YT, Lin JF, Sheu MH, Sheu CJ. Low Power Multiplier Designs Based on Improved Column Bypassing Schemes. Proc IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, Taiwan. 2006.
- Keating M, Flynn D, Aitken R, Shi AK. Low Power Methodology Manual for System on Chip Design, Springer Publications: New York, 2007.
- Kumar SV, Kim CH, Sapatnekar NS. NBTI-aware synthesis of digital circuits. Proceedings of ACM/IEEE Annual Design Automation Conference, USA. 2007. p. 370–75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.