Total views : 224
Design and Analysis of Numerical Interleaver for IDMA Schemes with Iterative Multi-User Detection
Objective: This work provides a comprehensive study of a novel orthogonal interleaver set based on particular numerical equation for generation of user specific interleavers. Methods/Analysis: Performance analysis is done based upon the computer simulations in various scenarios with IDMA system and SC-FDMA-IDMA system, under different channel conditions including Additive White Gaussian Noise (AWGN) and Under Water Acoustic (UWA) channel to compare proposed interleaver with other interleavers in literature. The performance of different interleavers is compared on the basis of bit error rate (BER) results and also by hardware and bandwidth requirements. Findings: Compared to other interleavers discussed in literature, the proposed interleaver set is easy to generate, more-over this work has presented a method which doesn’t require common master random interleaving pattern to develop other interleaving patterns. The analysis confirms that the proposed method of interleaver generation outperforms various other interleavers in terms of BER performance and bandwidth requirement, while providing considerably lower complexity. Applications: Applications of orthogonal interleavers include all non-orthogonal multiple access schemes based on Multi-User Detection (MUD) strategy including Interleave Division Multiple Access (IDMA), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing-Interleave Division Multiple Access (OFDM-IDMA) and Single Carrier Frequency Division Multiple Access-Interleave Division Multiple Access (SC-FDMA-IDMA) scheme, employing user specific interleavers for user separation.
IDMA, Numerical Interleaver, Random Interleaver, SC-FDMA-IDMA, Tree based Interleaver, UWA.
- Saraswathi M, Babu SPK. A novel investigation on BER measurement of SC-FDMA system with combined Tomlinson-Harashima precoding and Reed Solomon Coding. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(26):1−6. Crossref
- Tse D,Viswanath P. Fundamentals of wireless communication. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2005. Crossref
- Wang P, Xiao J, Ping L. Comparision of orthogonal and nonorthogonal approaches to future wireless cellular systems. IEEE Vehicular Magazine. 2006; 1(3):4−11. Crossref
- Lakshmanan MV, Mohammed N, Palanivelan M, Ajay S. Spectrum sharing and inter cell interference mitigation in wireless cellular networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(35):1−6. Crossref
- Wang X, Poor HV. Iterative (Turbo) soft interference cancellation and decoding for coded CDMA. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 1999; 47(7):1046−61. Crossref
- Ping L, Liu L, Wu KY, Leung WK. Interleave-division multiple-access. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.2006,5(4):938−47. Crossref
- Liu L, Tong J, Ping L. Analysis and optimization of CDMA Systems with Chip-Level Interleavers. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2006; 24(1):141−50. Crossref
- Kusume K, Bauch G. CDMA and IDMA: Iterative multiuser detections for near-far asynchronous communications. Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium. Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication (PIMRC’05), Berlin, Germany; 2005. p. 426−31.
- Mahafeno I, Langlais C, Jego C. OFDM-IDMA versus IDMA with ISI cancellation for quasi-static rayleigh fading multipath channels. Proceedings of 4th International. Symposium. Turbo Codes & Related Topis, Munich, Germany; 2006. p. 3−7.
- Lim JB, Choi CH, Yune TW, Im GH. Iterative multiuser detection for single-carrier modulation with frequencydomainequalization. IEEE Communications Letters. 2007;11(6):471−3. Crossref
- Pupeza I, Kavcic A, Ping L. Efficient generation of interleavers for IDMA. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2006. p. 1508−13. Crossref
- Yune TW, Choi CH, Im GH, Lim JB, Kim ES, Cheong YC, Kim KH. SC-FDMA with iterative multiuser detection: Improvements on power/ spectral efficiency. IEEE Communication Magazine. 2010; 48(3):164−71. Crossref
- Wu H, Ping L, Perotti A. User-specific chip-level interleaver design for IDMA System. IEEE Electronics Letters. 2006; 42(4):41−3. Crossref
- Shukla M, Srivastava VK, Tiwari S. Analysis and design of optimum interleaver for iterative receivers in IDMA scheme. Wiley Journal of Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing. 2009; 9(10):1312−17. Crossref
- Qarabaqi P, Stojanovic M. Statistical characterization and computationally efficient modeling of a class of underwater acoustic communiction channels. IEEE Journal Ocean Engineering. 2013; 38(4):701−17. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.