Total views : 253
Incorporation of Environmental Law Requirements during Waste Management at Rubbish Recycling Plants in the Republic of Kazakhstan
Objectives: The research is aimed at improving the system of municipal solid waste handling; improving the efficiency, reliability, environmental and social acceptability of the complex of services on collection, transportation, recycling, processing and disposal of municipal solid waste; modernizing MSW sector based on advanced technologies and management practices, as well as taking measures to strictly comply with the Kazakhstan environmental law requirements. Methods: Such scientific methods as research, analysis, synthesis and substantiation were used to study this environmental problem based on the works of both domestic and foreign scholars. Findings: The authors carried out systemic legal and environmental-economic analysis of waste processing technologies and equipment enabling to assess the negative impact on the environment, as well as to study the requirements of environmental law during waste management at the rubbish recycling plants in the Republic of Kazakhstan. It has been proposed to apply life cycle assessment (LCA) in designing and selecting the best waste management option and provide support of rubbish recycling companies from the republican budget resources. Application/Improvements: Implementation of the research will improve the quality of services rendered in MSW management, increase the amount of collected and recycled secondary material resources, allow taking full advantage of the MSW energy potential and minimizing the negative environmental impact as a result of MSW treatment. Thus, it will contribute to a significant improvement in the quality and conditions of life of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Environmental Code of Republic of Kazakhstan, Environmental Legislation, Law, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 577 dated May 30, 2013. Date accessed: 30.05.201: Available from: http://www.pavlodar.gov.kz/page.php?page_ id=66&lang=3.
- Environmental Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Date accessed: 09.01.2007: Available from: https://en.tengrinews. kz/zakon/The_Parliament_of_the_Republic_of_Kazakhstan_/Economic_activity/id-K070000212_/.
- Abdraiym B, Suleimenova S, Saimova Sh. Lease of Land the Republic of Kazakhstan: History of Formation and Modern Development. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research. 2013; 13(Special issue of Politics and Law):6-15.
- Abdraimov B, Suleimenova S, Saimova Sh. Theoretical and methodological basis for the economic mechanism of land rent in foreign countries. Actual Problems of Economics. 2013; 145(7):217.
- Total Cost Assessment Manual. Date accessed: 04.09.2016: Available from: http://www.aiche.org/ifs/resources/totalcostassessment/manual.
- Ministry of Environmental Protection of Kazakhstan. Date accessed: 17.09.2016: Available from: https://tengrinews. kz/zakon/prezident_respubliki_kazahstan/hozyaystvennaya_ deyatelnost/id-U060000216_/
- Bulletin of Accounting Committee for controlling of the implementation of republican budget. No 41, III quarter, 2014.
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 361-II of December 4; 2002. On Sanitary and Epidemiological Welfare of Population. Date accessed: 17.09.2016: Available from: http://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=1034904.
- Life Focus. Industrial pollution, European solutions: clean technologies LIFE and the Directive on integrated pollution prevention and control (IPPC Directive) Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communit ies. Date accessed: 2004: Available from: http://ec.europa. eu/environment/life/publications/lifepublications/lifefocus/ documents/cleantech_en.pdf.
- Waste Management System Modernization Program for 2014-2050 years. Approved by Decree of the Republic of Kazakhstan. No. 634 dated, 2014 June 9; p. 1–14.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.