Total views : 146
Improving the Performance of Antenna using Substrate Integrated Waveguide Coupler
A compact antenna with a coupler is laid down using Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) technique, which operate at X-band of frequencies. The SIW coupler has a SIW section which includes inserted metallic post. These metallic post acts as an inductive-post. SIW innovation is the most talented contender for the achievement of millimetre wave (mm-wave) coordinated circuits. Supported on planar dielectric substrate with bottom and top metal layers implanted with coated metal holes, it offers a compact, low cost, less loss and flexibility. The SIW has dynamic as well as passive components emanating area on the similar substrate. SIW technology has some attractive advantages, such as compact size, low loss, easy construction, low weight, high integration and is suited for all microwave and millimetre-wave works. The utilization of SIW technology encourages us to trim down return loss when weighed against other printed advances. The manufacturing process can simply be finished by means of normal Printed Circuit Board (PCB) process, where this present procedure’s cost will be shortened when assessed with conventional waveguides. The SIW coupler more frequently utilized as a part of radar, point-to-point radio and satellite. Simulations results come about demonstrate the coupler’s execution having low insertion loss, low return loss, and expansive operational data transmission and enclose fine seclusion.
Micro-Strip Line Feed, Micro-Strip Patch Antenna, Printed Circuit Board, Substrate Integrated Waveguide Coupler.
- Gaynor MP. System in package RF design and applications.Artech House. 2007.
- Deslandes D, Wu K. Single-substrate integration technique of planar circuits and waveguide filters. IEEE Trans. Microw Theory Tech. 2003; 51(2):593-96.
- Xu F, Wu K. Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide. IEEE Trans. Microw Theory Tech. 2005; 53(1):66-73.
- Deslandes D, Wu K. Accurate modeling, wave mechanisms and design considerations of a substrate integrated waveguide.Ieee Trans. Microw Theory Tech. 2006; 54(6):251626.
- Wu K. Towards system on substrate approach for future millimeterwave and photonic wireless applications. Proc Asia Pacific Microwave Conf. 2006.
- Denidni TA, Lebel J, Sellal K and Talbi L. Design and implementaion of a substrate integrated waveguide phase shifter.IET Microw Antennas Propag. 2008; 2(2):194-99.
- Ajay Yadav, Bhadrasheela Chauhan, Aanchal Jain. Microstrip Symmetrical E-Shape Patch Antenna for the Wireless Communication Systems. ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal. 2012; 2(12). ISSN 2250-2459.
- Indrasen Singh and Tripathi VS. Micro strip Patch Antenna and its Applications: a Survey. Int. J. Comp. Tech. Appl.2011; 2(5):1595-99.
- Hemendra Kumar, Ruchira Jadhav, Sulabha Ranade. A Review on Substrate Integrated Waveguide and its Micro-strip Interconnect. 2012; 3(5):36-40. ISSN: 2278-2834, ISBN: 2278-8735.
- Layne A Berge. Comparison on the Coupling between Substrate Integrated Waveguide and Micro-strip Transmission Lines for Antenna Arrays. 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.