Total views : 111
Optical Cryptosystem of Color Images based on Fractional-, Wavelet Transform Domains using Random Phase Masks
Objectives: A technique based on optical color cryptosystem is carried out in the Fractional Wavelet Transform (FWT) plane. Purpose of this paper is to increase the key space there by the scheme become more secured. Methods/Statistical Analyis: The original images are segregated into three: R (red), G (green) and B (blue) color components. After that the each part is encoding independently using 4-f system of DRPE in FWT. The input images to be encrypted are multiplied by RPMs in spatial and frequency planes then subjected to FrFT and inverse FrFT, after that it subjected to Discrete Wavelet Transform. Coefficients from the Discrete Wavelet Transform are further multiplied each one by additional masks of different pixel from RPM. They are further inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform applied to get the encrypted images. Images are recovered by using the all correct parameters of FWT. Findings: Proposed algorithm is enough secured because combination of FrFT and DWT. The effectiveness of present technique is tested by computing MSE, Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) between retrieved and input images. Role of encryption keys, occlusion and noise attacks have been verified in proposed scheme. Applications/Improvements: Security of any scheme is based on the keys used. Even a very strong or well-designed scheme can be attack easily if the keys are used in encryption is poorly selected. In this scheme keys are used in both the transforms so the key size is increased. Key space can be further modified for more security.
Encryption, Entropy, Fractional Fourier Transform, Mean Squared Error, Noise Attacks, Occlusion
- Refregier P, Javidi B. Optical image encryption based on input plane and Fourier plane random encoding. Opt Lett. 1995; 20:767–9.
- Matoba O, Nomura T, Perez-Cabre E, Millan MS, Javidi B. Optical techniques for information security. Proc IEEE. 2009; 97:1128–48.
- Alfalou A, Brosseau C. Optical image compression and encryption methods. Adv Opt Photon. 2009; 1:589–636.
- Millan MS, Perez-Cabre E. Optical data encryption. Optical and Digital Image Processing: Fundamentals and Applications. G. Cristobal P. Schelkens and H. Thienpont, editors. Wiley; 2011. P. 739–67.
- Kumar P, Joseph J, Singh K. Double random phase encoding based optical encryption systems using some linear canonical transforms: Weaknesses and countermeasures. John J. Healy, M. A. Kutay, H. M. Ozaktas, J. T. Sheridan, editors. Springer series in Optical Sciences. 2016; 198:367–96.
- Markman A, Javidi B, Tehranipoor M. Photon-counting security tagging and verification using optically encoded QR codes. IEEE Photon J. 2014; 6:6800609.
- Yadav AK, Vashisth S, Singh H, Singh K. Optical cryptography and watermarking using some fractional canonical transforms and structured masks. Advances in Optical and Engg. Proc IEM Optronix 2014; Springer. 2015. p. 25–36.
- Singh H. Devil’s vortex Fresnel lens phase masks on an asymmetric cryptosystem based on phase-truncated in gyrator wavelet transform. Opt and Lasers Eng. 2016; 81:125–39.
- Unnikrishnan G, Joseph J, Singh K. Optical encryption by double-random phase encoding in the fractional Fourier domain. Opt Lett. 2000; 25:887–9.
- Hennelly BM, Sheridan JT. Image encryption and the fractional Fourier Transform. Optik. 2003; 114:251–65.
- Matoba O, Javidi B. Encrypted optical memory system using three-dimensional keys in the Fresnel domain. Opt Lett. 1999; 24:762–4.
- Situ G, Zhang J. Double random-phase encoding in the Fresnel domain. Opt Lett. 2004; 29:1584–6.
- Hennelly BM, Sheridan JT. Random phase and jigsaw encryption in the Fresnel domain. Opt Eng. 2004; 43:2239–49.
- Rajput SK, Nishchal NK. Fresnel domain non-linear optical encryption scheme based on Gerchberg- Saxton phase retrieval algorithm. Appl Opt. 2014; 53:418–25.
- Singh H, Yadav AK, Vashisth S, Singh K. Optical image encryption using devil’s vortex toroidal lens in the Fresnel transform domain. International J of Opt. 2015; 2015: 926135. 13 pages.
- Rodrigo JA, Alieva T, Calvo ML. Gyrator transform: Properties and applications. Opt Express. 2007;15: 2190–203.
- Singh H, Yadav AK, Vashisth S, Singh K. Fully-phase image encryption using double random-structured phase masks in gyrator domain. Appl Opt. 2014; 53:6472–81.
- Singh H, Yadav AK, Vashisth S, Singh K. Double phase-image encryption using gyrator transforms and structured phase mask in the frequency plane. Opt Lasers Eng. 2015; 67: 145–56.
- Zhou NR, Wang Y, Gong L. Novel optical image encryption scheme based on fractional Mellin transform. Opt Commun. 2011; 284:3234–42.
- Vashisth S, Singh H, Yadav AK, Singh K. Devil’s vortex phase structure as frequency plane mask for image encryption using the fractional Mellin transform. Int J Opt. 2014; 728056:1–9.
- Mendlovic D, Konforti N. Optical realization of the Wavelet Transform for two-dimensional objects. Appl Opt. 1993; 32:6542–6.
- Mendlovic D, Zalevsky Z, Mas D, Gercia J, Ferreira C. Fractional Wavelet Transform. Appl Opt.1997; 36:4801–6.
- Chen L, Zhao D. Optical image encryption based on fractional wavelet transform. Opt Commun. 2005; 254:361–7.
- Chen L, Zhao D. Image encryption with fractional wavelet packet method. Optik. 2008; 119:286–91.
- Chen L, Zhao D. Color image encoding in dual fractional Fourier wavelet domain with random phases. Opt Commun. 2009; 282:3433–8.
- Vilardy JM, Useche J, Torres CO, Mattos L. Image encryption using the fractional Wavelet Transform. J Phys conf seri. (IOP). 2011; 274: 012047.
- Prasad A, Kumar M, Choudhury DR. Color image encoding using fractional transformation associated with wavelet transform. Opt Commun. 2012; 285:1005–9.
- Bao L, Zhou Y, Philip Chen CL. Image encryption in the wavelet domain. Proc SPIE. 2013; 8755:875502–1/12.
- Kumar M, Mishra DC, Sharma RK. A first approach on an RGB image encryption. Opt Lasers Eng. 2014; 52:27–34.
- Kong D, Shen X. Multiple-image encryption based on optical Wavelet Transform and multichannel fractional Fourier transform. Opt Lasers Eng. 2014; 57:343–9.
- Mehra I, Nishchal NK. Wavelet-based image fusion for multiple images through asymmetric keys. Opt Commun. 2015; 335:153–60.
- Zhang SQ, Karim MA. Color image encryption using double random phase encoding. Microw Opt Technol Lett. 1999; 21:318–23.
- Chen LF, Zhao D. Optical color image encryption by wavelength multiplexing and lensless Fresnel transform holograms. Opt Express. 2006; 14:8552–60.
- Joshi M, Shakher C, Singh K. Color image encryption using fractional Fourier transform. Opt Commun. 2007; 279:35–42.
- Dahiya M, Sukhija S, Singh H. Image encryption using quad masks in fractional fourier domain and case study. IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); 2014 1048–53.
- Abuturab MR. Color image security system using double random-structured phase encoding in gyrator domain. Appl Opt. 2012; 51:3006–16.
- Abuturab MR. An asymmetric color image cryptosystem based on Schur decomposition in gyrator domain. Opt Lasers Eng. 2014; 58:39–47.
- Singh H. Optical cryptosystem of color images using random phase masks in the Fractional Wavelet Transform domain. AIP Conf Proc. 2016; 1728:020063–1/4.
- Tong X, Liu Y, Zhang M, Xu H, Wang Z. An image encryption scheme based on hyperchaotic rabinovich and exponential chaos maps entropy. 2015; 17:181–96.
- Liang Y, Liu G, Zhou NR, Wu J. Image encryption combining multiple generating sequences controlled fractional DCT with dependent scrambling and diffusion. J Mod Opt. 2015; 62:251–64.
- Zhang Q, Wei XP. A novel couple images encryption algorithm based on DNA subsequence and chaotic system. Optik. 2013; 124:6276–81.
- Yadav AK, Vashisth S, Singh H, Singh K. A phase-image watermarking scheme in gyrator domain using devil’s vortex Fresnel lens as a phase mask. Opt Commun. 2015; 344:172–80.
- Meng XF, Cai LZ, Yang XL, Xu XF, Dong GY, Shen XX, Zhang H, Wang YR. Digital color image watermarking based on phase-shifting interferometry and neighboring pixel value subtraction algorithm in the discrete-cosine-transform domain. Appl Opt. 2007; 46: 4694–701.
- Joshi M, Shakher C, Singh K. Image encryption using radial Hilbert transform filter bank as an additional key in the modified double random fractional Fourier encoding architecture. Opt Laser Eng. 2010; 48:605–15.
- Joshi M, Shakher C, Singh K. Fractional fourier plane image encryption technique using radial Hilbert- and Jigsaw transform. Opt Laser Eng. 2010; 48:754–9.
- Sui L, Xin M, Tian A, Jin H. Single-channel color image encryption using phase retrieval algorithm in fractional Fourier domain. Opt Laser Eng. 2013; 51:1297–309.
- Vashisth S, Yadav AK, Singh H, Singh K. Watermarking in gyrator domain using an asymmetric cryptosystem. Proc of SPIE. 2015; 9654:96542E–1/8.
- Singh H. Crytosystem for securing image encryption using structured phase masks in Fresnel Wavelet Transform domain. 3D Res. 2016; 7:34.
- Vashisth S, Singh H, Yadav AK, Singh K. Image encryption using fractional Mellin transform, structured phase filters and phase retrieval. Optik. 2014; 125:5309–15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.