Total views : 103
Issues and Challenges of Load Balancing Algorithm in Cloud Computing Environment
Objectives: To enlighten the issues and challenges of Load Balancing Algorithm (LBA) for cloud computing environment. In this study the authors proposed a LBA for cloud computing server. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The numerous LBAs are compared with objective, merit, demerit and challenges of the LBA in terms of parameters such as performance, response time, scalability, overhead and many more. This study facilitates identification of efficient LBA for optimizes resource use, minimum response time, maximum throughput and avoidance of overload. Findings: The load balancer is permitted in most instances to provide support continuity as well as dealing with extra traffic. Consequently the useful load balancing algorithms required to find inexpensive resource usage by provisioning of resources to cloud users. The use of proposed algorithm is to improve the overhead and load imbalance factor of the system. Application: The Load Balancing (LB) is a vital feature of cloud computing environment. The economical LB algorithm assures cost effective resource usage by provisioning of resources to cloud users on demand schedule in pay-as-you-say-manner. The LB may actually provide assistance prioritizing users by using suitable scheduling requirements and also it is crucial part in cloud computing for maintaining the work load across various systems over the network and gives minimum processing time, minimum response time and ignores the workload.
Cloud Computing, Load Balancing Algorithm, LEC Server, LIF, Static and Dynamic Algorithm
- Sidhu AK, Kinger S. Analysis of load balancing techniques in cloud computing. International Journal of Computers and Technology. 2013 Mar; 4(2):737-41.
- Reddy VK, Surya KD, Praveen MS, Lokesh B, Vishal A, Akhil K. Performance analysis of Load Balancing Algorithms in cloud computing environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(18):1-7.
- Rajeshkannan R, Aramudhan M. Comparative study of Load Balancing Algorithms in cloud computing environment.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1-7. Crossref
- Wu TY, Lee WT, Lin YS, Lin YS, Chan HL, Huang JS.Dynamic load balancing mechanism based on cloud storage.IEEE Computing, Communications and Applications Conference (ComComAp); 2012. p. 102-6. Crossref
- Alam M, Varshney AK. A New Approach of Dynamic Load Balancing Scheduling Algorithm for Homogeneous Multiprocessor System. International Journal of Applied Evolutionary Computation (IJAEC). 2016 Apr, 7 (2), pp.61-75. Crossref
- Bokhari MU, Alam M, Hasan F. Performance analysis of dynamic load balancing algorithm for multiprocessor interconnection network. Perspectives in Science (PICS).2016 Sep; 8:564-6. Crossref
- Rahmeh OA, Johnson P, Taleb-Bendiab A. A dynamic biased random sampling scheme for scalable and reliable grid networks. INFOCOMP Journal of Computer Science.2008 Dec; 7(4):1-10.
- Singh A, Korupolu M, Mohapatra D. Server-storage virtualization integration and load balancing in data centers. Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE Conference on Supercomputing; 2008 Nov. p. 10-53. Crossref
- Zhao Y, Huang W. Adaptive distributed load balancing algorithm based on live migration of virtual machines in cloud. IEEE 5th International Joint Conference on INC, IMS and IDC, NCM’09; 2009 Aug. p. 170-5. Crossref
- Stanojevic R, Shorten R. Load balancing vs. distributed rate limiting: An unifying framework for cloud control. IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2009 Jun.
- p. 1-6. Crossref
- Chaudhary AS. Performance evaluation of web servers using central load balancing policy over virtual machines on cloud. Proceedings of the 3rd Annual ACM Bangalore Conference; 2010 Jan. p. 1-16. Crossref
- Liu H, Liu S, Meng X, Yang C, Zhang Y. LBVS: A load balancing strategy for virtual storage. IEEE International Conference on Service Sciences; 2010 May. p. 257-62.Crossref
- Zhang Z, Zhang X. A load balancing mechanism based on ant colony and complex network theory in open cloud computing federation. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Industrial Mechatronics and Automation (ICIMA); 2010 May. p. 240-3. Crossref
- Wang SC, Yan KQ, Liao WP, Wang SS. Towards a load balancing in a three-level cloud computing network. 3rd IEEE International Conference Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT); 2010 Jul; p. 108-13.
- Nae V, Prodan R, Fahringer T. Cost-efficient hosting and load balancing of massively multiplayer online games. 11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Grid Computing; 2010 Oct. p. 9-16. Crossref
- Fang Y, Wang F, Ge J. A task scheduling algorithm based on load balancing in cloud computing. International Conference on Web Information Systems and Minin g Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2010 Oct. p. 271-7. Crossref
- Hu J, Gu J, Sun G, Zhao T. A scheduling strategy on load balancing of virtual machine resources in cloud computing environment. IEEE 3rd International Symposium on Parallel Architectures
- Algorithms And Programming; 2010 Dec. p. 89-96.
- Kokilavani T, Amalarethinam DD. Load balanced min-min algorithm for static meta-task scheduling in grid computing.International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011 Apr; 20(2):43-9.
- Mehta H, Kanungo P, Chandwani M. Decentralized content aware load balancing algorithm for distributed computing environments. Proceedings of the International Conference and Workshop on Emerging Trends in Technology ACM; 2011 Feb. p. 370-5. Crossref
- Nakai AM, Madeira E, Buzato LE. Load balancing for internet distributed services using limited redirection rates. IEEE 5th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC); 2011 Apr. p. 156-65.https://doi.org/10.1109/ladc.2011.25
- Liu X, Pan L, Wang CJ, Xie JY. A lock-free solution for load balancing in multi-core environment. IEEE 3rdInternational Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications (ISA); 2011 May. p. 1-4. Crossref
- Lu Y, Xie Q, Kliot G, Geller A, Larus JR, Greenberg A.Join-Idle-Queue A novel load balancing algorithm for dynamically scalable web services. Performance Evaluation. 2011 Nov; 68 (11):1056-71. Crossref
- Galloway JM, Smith KL, Vrbsky SS. Power aware load balancing for cloud computing. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science; 2011 Oct. p. 19-21.
- Dasgupta K, Mandal B, Dutta P, Mandal JK, Dam S. A genetic algorithm (ga) based load balancing strategy for cloud computing. Procedia Technology. 2013 Dec; 10:3407. Crossref
- Krishna PV. Honey bee behavior inspired load balancing of tasks in cloud computing environments. Applied Soft Computing. 2013 May; 13(5):2292-303. Crossref
- Mao Y, Chen X, Li X. Max–min task scheduling algorithm for load balance in cloud computing. Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology Springer; 2014. p. 457-65.Crossref
- Khiyaita A, El Bakkali H, Zbakh M, El Kettani D. Load balancing cloud computing state of art. IEEE Network Security and Systems (JNS2); 2012 Apr. p. 106-9. Crossref
- Buyya R, Ranjan R, Calheiros RN. Intercloud utility-oriented federation of cloud computing environments for scaling of application services. International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2010 May. p. 13-31. Crossref
- Samad A, Rafiq MQ, Farooq O. A novel algorithm for fast retrieval of information from a multiprocessor server.Proceedings of 7th WSEAS International Conference on Software Engineering, Parallel and Distributed Systems (SEPADS’08); University of Cambridge UK. 2008 Feb. p.68-73.
- Khan ZA, Siddiqui J, Samad A. A novel multiprocessor architecture for massively parallel system. Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Parallel Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC); India. 2014. p. 68-73. Crossref
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.